Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Copper Bullet Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although 1937 was one of the higher production years for lugers and this pistol is the more common second variation (all salt blued), it has remained, nonetheless, an excellent example from that year and with one of its original matching magazines.

It is married up in my collection with a 1938 dated holster. I really like this holster as well. It is also in great condition and a very attractive shade of brown. I actually had obtained the holster as part of a package deal to primarily obtain an DE/211 tool for my DE/211 marked G Date KM luger. This was still, as a result, the first time I obtained a holster before the pistol I married it up with, but I think they go well together and could have just as easily been "brought back" from the war together....now to get a nice DE/63 tool!

This luger was another in Canada that may have been re-barreled in the near future with a slightly longer new barrel to qualify to meet less restrictive firearms registration laws here. As I am "grandfathered" to own lugers in their original configuration I wanted to save it from this potential destiny or from possibly being exported out......at least for a few more years anyway. :)

A few photos to share with my fellow collectors.....

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks like a WONDERFUL marriage to me, Mark...beautiful 2nd. variation 1937, and an "early" one at that in the "u" letter suffix...almost no wear whatsoever, along with the primary stamped magazine...an excellent 1938 holster as well...THANK YOU SO MUCH, for showing...Congratulations...

I also have two 2nd variation 1937 Lugers, that I will post photos of in the near future...along with two 1937 dated holsters...with one being from a very rare saddler/maker...

Although the 1st. variation 1937 Mausers are highly sought after by many, including myself, I also enjoy a gorgeous condition 2nd. variation...

P.S. ...Mark, are your grip panels stamped "01"...? Just curious/asking...

Thanks again...

Edward

·
Platinum Bullet Member
444 Posts
Congratulations! I would love those in my safe anyway.
Thanks for sharing.
Mark

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the comments so far!

Edward...yes the grips are marked. I have added photos and threw in another of the bore.

Mark
The grips look excellent Mark, as does the bore...which looks excellent/near mint...beautiful example, excellent rig...

The one thing I lament, is that most of my Parabellums do not have an original matching factory issued magazine...this aspect is the hardest to alleviate/overcome...yes, you do your best to obtain a "period correct" magazine...then try to match the same letter suffix, and as close as you can get to the original serial number, but we all know, that the best damn period correct replacement, could never truly replace a dinged, beat up, original factory matching numbered magazine...Another, is an "S/42" or "42" Armorer's Replacement magazine, but that falls short also...

As far as purchasing a rig, that is fine by me, if it is exceptional...but honestly, I prefer to "build" my own rig, such as you have...that's where the "fun" aspect comes into play...

Mark...thanks again for the showing...and what a "show" it was...😎👍

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
439 Posts
Mark,

Great looking rig. The gun is awesome, and that holster is smoking!

I had to do a double take when I saw the serial number of your gun. I have it's brother. Same serial number, but "a" suffix.
Not quite as nice as yours, but still excellent condition.

Matt:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
439 Posts
More pics. Mine is with a 1937 GECO holster.

Attachments

·
Copper Bullet Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Matt (my 3301 club brother!)

You also have a very nice rig there! :)

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts