Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured here is a very nice Mauser that was taken off of a German officer in Denmark.

This luger was purchased from a gentleman this summer whose dad was a underground police officer in occupied Denmark. Mr stephan Pannu.

I am now the fourth owner of this luger, the German officer bieng the original owner.

The luger exhibits a high degree of blueing and the strawing is bright, grips are sharp and correct to the luger.

The magazine is non matching so no photos of it.

The holster ia a beauty and is marked O REICHEL< LENGFELD, WaA 142

Enjoy the photo's

Download Attachment: 37mauser 001.jpg
196.58KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 002.jpg
281.64KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 003.jpg
194.5KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 004.jpg
247.33KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 005.jpg
198.3KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 006.jpg
227.96KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 007.jpg
193.86KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 008.jpg
194.89KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 009.jpg
210.34KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 010.jpg
234.48KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 011.jpg
124.43KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 012.jpg
233.48KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 013.jpg
97.39KB

Download Attachment: 37mauser 014.jpg
87.68KB

Should any of the forum members have the correct magazine for this luger I would pay big bucks for it. Thankyou

G

·
Lugerlou
Have you noticed the two digit number on the inside of the sideplate. I suspect this pistol will be a 74 or maybe 75. Do you have any idea why Mauser placed a number in this area?? It appears as if early pistols seem to have a number one digit under the first two digits of the pistol. This graduated to the same number and finally one digit higher by 1942.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don

Away for the holidays so will post a photo of the inside of the side plate when return. To your question of the inside plate numbering the answer would be yes I have noticed that the plates are one digit either above or below.

The only inference that I have gathered from this is during assembly of the trigger lever and the trigger lever pin the worker or assembler would have to insure that the correct plate went with the luger after assembling the trigger mechanism which would always be one number behind the actual luger in the assembly line.

This progression of parts were finally sequenced to the same number as Mauser grew as a plant. As assembly progressed the small parts were readied ahead of time and this would account for the numbers bieng one number ahead starting in 1942

Mauser as you know were cranking out hundreds of lugers in the plant and the assembly lineup must have been put to use to keep all parts together.

I also believe that the trigger was adjusted after assembly of the luger and before test firing

This is pure speculation on my part but otherwise I have no concrete documented proof.

Have not forgot about the info you requested on the magazines and it is on the to do list for this winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.