Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
5,805 Posts
No.
The original mag would have had an aluminum base with matching number and acceptance proof the same as is on
the left chamber of the pistol.

· Gold Bullet Member
832 Posts
Kerry,

Not to make your quest even more difficult; the suffix must also be correct, i.e. the bottom of the magazine should contain the same numbers as are on the front of the frame, plus the suffix, if any, that is stamped just below the numbers. And, it should have the blued folded steel magazine body used in 1937, and, as has been mentioned, the same WaffenAmt as seen on the right side of the receiver.

In the Mauser Era, P.08s were produced in blocks of 10,000, with the first block not having a suffix and then "a" through "z" repeating from 1934 to end of production. Serialization of the magazine ceased in mid-late 1941. And, to complicate things further, the characteristics of the body and base also changed periodically during this time.

That's why matching magazines increase the value of a gun that much. Really hard to find; and two matching is even harder.

John

· Platinum Bullet member
6,537 Posts
Kerry, is the bakelite based magazine you have numbered on the bottom? If so, may we see a photo or two?

· Registered
5,805 Posts
I don’t know how to post pics but tube is stamped fxo and P08 and the black bakelite bottom has the Mauser logo, serial number 2765 (maybe 2785) and a + symbol.
No original mags had a mauser logo; is the logo near the base on the back of the mag?
If so it is a 1970's timeframe commercial mag, that someone has numbered.
If the mauser logo is on the plastic base, it is the first one I've heard of; better describe the Mauser logo.

· Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,175 Posts
<p>
Kerry... If original then it is a mag correct for a Ku pistol and most everybody would gladly trade you a correct mag for a 1937 S/42 plus some $$ on the side. Key word here is ORIGINAL.  What is the number of the mag?</p>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.