Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow enthusists; i've commited to buy a sub 1 1937 luger that is supposed to have it's original blueing? serial 98-- "q"; my 1936 has the interior /chamber surfaces in the white? is the early strawed version of the 1937 blued inside?; help as i have to let him know tommorrow! thanks jim wahl

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
johnnydarkgt350

The luger should have the connecting link and the firing pin and holder in the white.

Inside frame will be in the white also where the receiver slides and down into the magazine well.Toggle assembly all blued along with the receiver.

The rear axle pin should be serialed with last two digits of serial number

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks LUGERLOU; i'll give it a final personal check ;but it is described as you've stated; guess my 1936 "q" was polished on the inside of the receiver not this 1937!! i guess us watch makers like the good hand work on these lugers !reminds me of my "ball 23 jewel 16 size rail road watch!!thanks so much and happy new year to you ! JIM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HELP LUGERLOU !!!the 1937 has a rear toggle link pin # mismatch # !![ rear axle pin] anybody find a #08 pin for me and then she'll match!! thanks jim wahl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WELL ED; if your 18 size waltham is "5 position adjusted and a "lever set" it is authorized to be carried on duty in lugerlou's rail road service! can you find a "#08" rear axle pin for this 1937 p-08? and i'll adjust your hairspring for free!! thanks tuner jim

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
johnydarkgt350

Jim, do not worry a whole lot about the pin number, at times these were replaced, you may also find them with an oversize stamp number in millimeters.

Can you post pictures of your luger, we now know your full serial number, was that your intention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LUGERLOU; if two lugers of the same condition in this range were in front of you to purchase; how much less should you pay/ or more for the one that's correct in matching##s?? thanks and remember the great train wreck of 1896 because of no regulations on rr timepieces!! thank you "mr. william ball" for the regs on "rr" watches!!
Tuner Jim
p.s. any # 08 axle pins out there?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Jim

I try not to attach a Value to any firearm that is not in my location ie (country and province), there is many a collector in the USA that can peg the price for you as price will vary from place to place.

To answer your question in general terms I would have bought them both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.