Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that it is not good to dry fire this gun BUT this gun will not dry fire at all. My father told me he took it off a dead officer (read that a lot too) and I would like it in working condition and I do not believe it is. I have taken it apart and it all seems to be correct but I now look to the experts. I have not attempted to fire it and most likely hasn’t been fired since the war. It is in nice condition and after research it seems to be a common type.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please post pictures that are sharp and detailed. One of the Luger disassembled with all the parts in the upper assembly might show something. That would include the barreled receiver left side, toggle train with the firing pin, firing pin keeper, firing pin spring, axle pin and side plate showing the inside "L" lever. The disconnector pin at the front of the sear bar should push in and return to it's extended position freely. If so, then push the pin from the side and note that the sear bar flexes outward at the back so as to release the firing pin when the pistol is assembled and cocked.

The safety is on and prevents firing when the safety lever is in the lower position.

Unfortunately, without more information it's impossible to diagnose your problem beyond what I've suggested.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Have you cleaned and oiled it?
All parts need to be inspected for dried grease/oil and should move freely.

Just a thought, "won't fire" - may be why the German was dead? :confused:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My first advice to any new Luger owner is go on YouTube and look at disassembly videos and animations of the pistol in operation. Study until you understand what each part does. For basic issues this should help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.