Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, it's time that I move into the "bragg'en rights" arena with this example. This as close as one will ever get to a 100 point gun and still be original. Trust that you will enjoy it.

Download Attachment: holster front.JPG
117.38 KB One can always tell a Kern Klager Cie holster from the front as it will have an offset hold down strap and tip of strap will never extend above the top of holster.

Download Attachment: holster rear.JPG
155.32 KB

Download Attachment: holster markings.JPG
145.09 KB

Download Attachment: pistol left side.JPG
139.16 KB

Download Attachment: pistol left side close.JPG
150.44 KB

Download Attachment: toggle top.JPG
140.61 KB

Download Attachment: safety lever.JPG
148.2 KB To re-enforce my earlier statement about condition, one will notice only a very slight draw mark from the movenment of the safety lever back and forth on the frame ears.

Download Attachment: frame front.JPG
152.16 KB Once again, we have the ever present round top number 3's on the frame front.

Download Attachment: pistol right side.JPG
147.66 KB

Download Attachment: pistol right side close up.JPG
110.72 KB

Download Attachment: magazines.JPG
123.78 KB

Download Attachment: magazine bottoms.JPG
132 KB

Download Attachment: loading tool.JPG
149.31 KB

Download Attachment: loading tool proof.JPG
159.19 KB

·
Registered
833 Posts
Beautfiful Luger/Holster (Rig) John! Looks like it just came off the production line and was mated with a new holster. How long have you owned this wonderful Rig? Did you buy it all assembled as presented or did you acquire the different rig components separetly? Thanks for sharing this spectacular rig!

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one came exactly as shown. It was a reject from another Luger collector who thought he had too many in his collection and even though he had bought and paid for it , he sold it to me for the same as he paid. Had this for the most part of 15 years now or so my memory tells me [ when working ].

G

·
What a beautiful Luger Rig. What you have displays as a “far and few between” Luger collector’s rig. I also think the plum color or reddish hue, represented on the receiver, shows very well. I have seen several Banner Lugers with this type blue oxidation. Thanks for sharing pictures of this Luger Rig with us.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Huggiebear

Very nice police rig,especially that holster, no doubt it's mint. I have a 1942 dated eagle/L with 1941 Otto sindel holster but not as nice as yours, round top three's on the font also.Not to up on the police rigs but she's all there.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Huggiebear

Very nice police rig,especially that holster, no doubt it's mint. I have a 1942 dated eagle/L with 1941 Otto sindel holster but not as nice as yours, round top three's on the font also.Not to up on the police rigs but she's all there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with Lloyd from Sin City. Looks like it just came off the production line and was mated with a new holster. And thanks for posting some of the photos lately. I did indeed enjoy looking at them – albeit not for the reasons you probably meant though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with Lloyd from Sin City. Looks like it just came off the production line and was mated with a new holster. And thanks for posting some of the photos lately. I did indeed enjoy looking at them – albeit not for the reasons you probably meant though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
John,

I just took a look at your Banner posts (I'm trying to understand the one that I have a bit better, which is out of my area of collecting) - and this presentation, photos and RIG is absolutely outstanding.... I stand in awe of this RIG and your other posts on your Banners....

Just fantastic!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.