Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dose anyone have any info they can share about my gun? This is my first military luger I have, I also have a commercial one but don't know a whole lot about any lugers. I paid $5500 for this 1940 42 luger.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
1,211 Posts
There sure seems to be a cluster of black plastic type 1 grips in 1940 "h" suffix between 3000h and 6000h.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can add another to the "h" block cluster. I have 4833h that has the type 1 grips.

·
Administrator
13,820 Posts
Few more pictures, this forum is soooooo awesome, so easy to get stuck spending hours reading and learning from it. I also have a mint commercial Mauser luger never fired except for the factory test fire. I have the box, factory target used to test, and all documentation for it. Do you guys like people to post pictures of those kinds of guns?
A new thread is best to show off a gun. What I see is a 1940 (year) 42 code (Mauser made) luger, right in the middle of the war made for the german army most likely.

Reactions: jengelhardt

·
Registered
31 Posts
A new thread is best to show off a gun. What I see is a 1942 (year) 42 code (Mauser made) luger, right in the middle of the war made for the german army most likely.
Hi Ed, sorry if I am flat out confused here but are you saying that my luger was made in 1942? It has 1940(year) and 42(code) on it so how could it be made in 1942?

Also, I assume you are suggesting that I start a new thread on my gun? I can do that but want to make sure I am not plastering this forum with too many pictures of my gun and annoy people. Sorry as you can see I am new here and don't want to get off on the wrong foot ;-)

·
Administrator
13,820 Posts
no, I just mistyped, sorry (changed it)

Its just that the thread you put all this information in, is for grips, not complete guns :)

If you start a new thread, it'll be yours.

ed

Reactions: jengelhardt
41 - 53 of 53 Posts