Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired on estate auction. Gentlemen was having to move into a nursing home and couldn't take his firearms with him, family sold off the guns.

Very nice condition....on the left side of the frame. Unfortunately it was left lying or exposed to weather on the right side and has some minor pitting.

Holster is in nice shape, no takedown tool unfortunately. Rear of the holster has: fuq 1941 over an eagle holding swastika over WaA14 P.08 to the right.

Shoulder stock in nice condition also. There is some type of writing on the wood. I traced over it very gently with a pencil to see if the lettering would come out any better to ID it. 1JC 23250 13,45 offv or a fancy Mv behind it. Thoughts or any input on this lettering would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cam

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,958 Posts
Really nice matching luger.

Even though the GI might have brought back the 4 inch luger with a stock or acquired it later, it is not legal in the USA to have the stock on the 4 inch. An artillery stock is legal on an artillery luger (8 inch) and a navy stock on a 6 inch navy, and a few other exceptions, but not legal on yours.
Silly law I know, it is considered a short barreled rifle...

Ed

·
Registered
984 Posts
Having the matching serial number on the magazine is what makes this so nice.

Yeah, don't put the stock onto this pistol.

Jim

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
German Navy 1848 -1918
2,709 Posts
It's actually a bit worse than what Ed said.

The stock is for an LP.08 (8"barrel aka "Artillery Luger"). The ATF considers merely owning it and another model Luger with a stock lug to be possession of a short barreled rifle, even if you don't actually attach it. Owning multiple models and the stock is fine, as long as you have an LP.08 to go with it and don't attach it to any of the others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's actually a bit worse than what Ed said.

The stock is for an LP.08 (8"barrel aka "Artillery Luger"). The ATF considers merely owning it and another model Luger with a stock lug to be possession of a short barreled rifle, even if you don't actually attach it. Owning multiple models and the stock is fine, as long as you have an LP.08 to go with it and don't attach it to any of the others.

Hmmmm, that is a bit concerning. Looks like I will be putting a stock up for sale....

Thank you for the info.

Cam

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,347 Posts
To get back to the stock itself. It looks like an unissued piece sold as surplus after the war (WW1 that is). I don't see a crown/S inspection mark on the stock's left side, but that could be the photo. Is the iron serial numbered? Is it import or GERMANY marked?
Norm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To get back to the stock itself. It looks like an unissued piece sold as surplus after the war (WW1 that is). I don't see a crown/S inspection mark on the stock's left side, but that could be the photo. Is the iron serial numbered? Is it import or GERMANY marked?
Norm
There are no markings on the wood other than the hand written inscriptions as I detailed in the original post. I was at a gun show today and a gentleman thought it could be a soldier's serial # inscribed into the wood.

The metal is aged but I see no serial number, import mark or otherwise. From the small bit of info on the estate auction, this was carried back home by the GI from overseas.

I am going to see if the gentleman who owned it would be willing to meet with me and provide a bit of provenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.