Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends:

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1940 Police Banner Mauser that is all matching and serial number is 3241X with two matching Police magazines with a 1934 police marked black magazine. Luger is 98% except for the backstrap with some thinning.

Both mags(Do Not) have L on bottom as well as the right side of the receiver. I am not familiar with Banner Police Lugers so I thought I would ask.

Price is $2500.00. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Update:
I found out that this is not a Police Luger. It has Police Sear Safety and mags a stamped with 1 & 2 but no Police marking. Right side of side has Eagle over circle with but no L or C marking!

UPDATE #1: 02/15/05 6:50 pm

I must have been asleep at the wheel when I wrote the above posting. The Banner 1940 Luger has serial number on the bottom of each magazine and the numbers 1 & 2. There is "NO" eagle L on the Luger or magazines. I looked on the right side of the slide and no L or K anywhere to be found.

The black holster is in nice shape and marked 1934 with sunburst K.

Could someone please advise what this is worth so I don't take too bad of a beating if I decide to purchase it?

Regards,

George

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
George.. I have 4022x and it is also an Eagle L. Sounds like a good deal to me but it really all depends on CONDITION. If the grip strap is really nasty then I would have to think about it. Sure is fun to have 2 matching mags. Love them Banners.........

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Dave:

Backstrap is not all that bad. I would say that maybe 50% blueing left.

It does come a a Police Marking Black 1934 holster though. That is the way the vet got it.

Regards,

George

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
George...... I would bet a large adult beverage that it is in fact a police gun. The sear safety and the 1 and 2 on the mags is definitely police. The eagle over the circle on the right hand side is also the police acceptance stamp and I think if you look REAL close you will find the L. I took a couple pictures of mine to demonstrate what I'm saying.......

Download Attachment: MVC-064S.JPG
32.59KB

Same mark...... different angle

Download Attachment: MVC-065S.JPG
21.55KB

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
Dave is right. It is more likely NOT to have police markings than the other two items! I have seen ones without sear, police but had police marked mags. I called it a police. So, police marked mags, and sear, it IS a police.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.