Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/829242344

I recently bought this gun and am wondering if I got a good/reasonable deal on it.

I saw other all matching "nazi" Lugers on GunBroker sell for $2500+.

The magazine possibly does not match, how much would that effect its price?

Any help/information/comments are appreciated. You guys know your stuff!

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I don't think so; the $2050 was/is pretty much high retail.
A matching mag might add a couple $100 to the value- depends on what it is worth to you.
But then everyone has a different opinion on price/value. :cool:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'll agree with Don. To be fair, it looks like the slightly higher than average price you paid was because you got into a bidding war with "Jeff Staats." If it makes you feel better though, it's a nice gun. I've bought from Steven Eisel before and he's a straight shooter in my book.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The particular Gunbroker seller has quite a loyal following, and he tends to get an additional 10-20% on the gavel price for his auctions. So really, you did about average for a sreisel sale, you paid just a little over the high side of retail.

But I agree with the others, too. The gun itself is a very good example. The finish is better than average.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

A nice example of a 1940 42 Mauser made Luger.

As is often said, you didn't pay too much; you just bought too soon. In time, the value will likely go up and you'll be good to go. :)

·
Administrator
13,644 Posts
I moved this to 3rd reich area, instead of contract arms

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very nice looking 1940 P08. I'd be happy to have that in my collection! Personally I never worry about what I pay as long as I'm happy with my purchase. Too many collectors won't pay over what they think an item should sell for but that is not how I collect. I'll gladly overpay for something if it's something I really want for my collection.

·
Administrator
13,644 Posts
Very nice looking 1940 P08. I'd be happy to have that in my collection! Personally I never worry about what I pay as long as I'm happy with my purchase. Too many collectors won't pay over what they think an item should sell for but that is not how I collect. I'll gladly overpay for something if it's something I really want for my collection.
TRUE - I do the same within reason, but if I want it, I try to figure out how often I see something like that in my area. A 1940/42 is fairly common, but they are nice Lugers.

ed

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Seems like the only purchases I regret are the ones I did Not make; or sold- when I should have Kept!:(

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
German Navy 1848 -1918
2,694 Posts
I'm an Imperial Navy collector, so I'm not competent to provide an opinion on the price. However, Steven Eisel is a reliable dealer who comes up with a lot of good items and stands behind his deals. Consequently, he attracts a lot of repeat buyers and people like me who follow him on GB, so he tends to get more bidders which drive up the prices.

In a situation like this, with a very nice pistol, I would prefer to think I bought it too soon rather than paid too much.

·
Copper Bullet Member
477 Posts
Paulx589,
Was there something wrong with this luger since it is back up for sale on GB?
Thanks
William

1 - 13 of 13 Posts