Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what suffix did mauser start with on there 1940 lugers and which one did they end it with. and which is more collectible a 1940 or 1942.luger if in same condition. and when did they switch from high polish to military blue on ther lugers. thanks i have a chance to buy a 1940 all matching except mag 95% 1050.00 or a 1942 95%+ with a holster for 1500 firm.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hello Bigron you must absolutely buy the "Still" books
In 1940 start from 7700z to 7000n so about 135.700 item
In 1942 from 500ns to 2197n with 149m to 5322m for Portugal and 5323m to 2197n for Bulgaria so about 113.000 product
All years without j sufix
But price depends all matching reblued and int. bore : the great :you buy the both
Cheers Pat

G

·
hello bigron; i'm new at this also; my research has turned up info on the richer looking "saphire" blue [rust blue?]stopped in the middle 1937 year s/42 on the last of the "strawed " lugers; later the 1937 mid year and up were a " salt blue" less labor/ time to blue! as i have a 1936 and a 1938 i can definately see the diff;
i hope this reply brings out the old "salts" in this field and they can straighten us both out!!
want to go shootin;?
thanks and best jim

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
The 1937 Luger started with serial number around 5000p. They were rust blue with strawed small parts. The all hot dipped blued 1937 pistols started in the early T-Block and continued for the rest of the German Military Mausers.

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Hello Bigiron! Both pistols sound nice and the prices are about right, the byf 42 a little high. The byf 42 E-Block was completed in about April/May time frame, the L-Block in October.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the 42 its abought 98 percent real good shape,drawback it has some spots of minor pitting under grips, none any were else bore is verygood to excelent. grips are near mint only real wear is normail holster side plate edges and not bad there ether.grips have eagle 135 no seral no.on one what looks like 921 on the other no eagle. maybe worn off 135. frontstrip are nearmint only very minor were on lug,and bottom of front strap. plastic bottom magizine fxo 37 marked near mint.gersihert has white in it excecpt the t . looks exactly like the white in my s/42. there is no mm no under barrel you know like 881. holster has a seral no. 45537 at top inbetween belt loops. also has seral no,inside sameone has a name heinrich. inside to,no date or waffin marks has police stlye closer strap has what looks likeg with eco inside the g someone did touch up the holster with a black marker.hoster might be post war. i would aprecate any comments. thanks

G

·
To LU1900
RE: 1940 production, I believe these pistols originated in the - y - block. I like your other numbers. I have always been impressed with the 1940 dates, especially the variation in magazines of the early pistols. RE: ns through f.
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.