Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI; Just picked up this cherry 1940 sear safty "C" Police "X" block and stuck it on the trader board. I got a question about there being no barrel number. It seems quite odd to me too. The gun is totally matched and not fooled with in any way. Hardly shot at all. I cann't belive that the barrel was replaced. Did they come that way? Are there others like that?

Didn't the German Police usually use little 7.65s? Who would be given authorization to have lugers over the army in 1940? What with the ramp up for Russia and all I find it hard to belive that the Army would let the Police have them. Are there any of these with Police Unit Markings? Any thoughts?

I have a dozen lugers but am not really a "Luger guy" and don't have a pile of books. They are just an extention of my Cavelry-Connections Collection.

I ended up trading it off to Cpt. Don out here. Thanks Doug

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,107 Posts
Doug, According to Jan Still's Third Reich Lugers, Pg. 156 Police Banners may or may not have the barrel's serialed.

Police units at this time were not all what you might emagine them to be in the traditional sense but were organized into Army type formations, reguiring a larger issue weapon. I highly recommend Jan's book mentioned above. Jerry Burney

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI; Thanks. Nice to know that my gun is not goofed up.

I know that there were field police, SS Police Division, all kinds of police being used in a more military way. Thanks Doug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI; Thanks. Nice to know that my gun is not goofed up.

I know that there were field police, SS Police Division, all kinds of police being used in a more military way. Thanks Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.