Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of a new Luger (for me)... A Mauser Banner in decent condition....The mag does not match....and if anyone can tell me what the Eagle?? 6 Stamped on the bottom of the mag

Download Attachment: MVC-895F.JPG
56.86 KB

Download Attachment: MVC-901F.JPG
48.96 KB

Download Attachment: MVC-908F.JPG
52.18 KB

Download Attachment: MVC-911F.JPG
54.38 KB is??...I would like to know!!!...Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Peter
Thanks for the photographs of your 1942 E/L police banner. The E/6 on the magazine bottom is most likley from the Weimar Era. The same inspector also inspected Simson Lugers.
Jan

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jan!!.......Thats the one reference book I do not have...Weimar Lugers....I have not seen any available recently....if anyone has one for sale I am interested!!!

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Toggletop
The last of the 1942 police banner production are drilled for the sear safety but it is not installed. The photograph of the Lugers top shows the drill hole but the side plate is not cut. This is consistent with the last of the 1942 police banner production. This Luger (sn 7901y) is one of the last 1942 police banners produced. (See Third Reich Lugers page 147)
Jan

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jan,
I did not know that! I have 1942 Mauser Banner S/N 3733y and it has the sear safety. Every 1942 Mauser Banner I've had, had the sear safety installed. Of course I am not talking about that many!
Did the installation of the sear safety cease at a certain point or where they just randomly not installed?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Toggletop
Thanks for your correction, I should have said that the last of the 1942 police banners are drilled for the sear safety but it was not installed. I have a more exact answer but my filing system is not in order and it would take some time to find it. I have corrected this above.
Jan

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jan,
Thanks for reminding me, I had forgot this piece of information. I looked at your reference and I remember now. What would we do without your books? Just can't keep it all in my mind!

Best Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts