Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still playing with the camera. Here’s my 1942 manufactured RFV PP. Still a little cloudy here today....

have a a great Day!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Slo10ker, nice one. I like RFV pistols and find it curious how the early and the late PPs' inventory number was applied to the back, while that number was applied to the front of the grip on the "in between PP's." So here are the PP inventory number ranges I have observed - maybe others can fill-in the gaps:

338W - 1329W Back strap
2212W - 19258W Front strap
20061W - 24011W Back strap

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting info, nieuport! That data makes me think that there wasn’t Amy spec on where the number was applied. Perhaps the choice of the person doing the work?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
very nice! great catch. and yes very interesting information Nieuport. Do you keep the same information on the RJ marked PP's? just wondering. I see so many different ones of those and even ones with smaller fonts at time which makes me suspect.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nieuport, here are two RFV inventory Numbers for your records.

RFV 9692W Front C/N Proofed
RFV 19610W Back E/N Proofed

Tom

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Tom, your 19610W is the new "lowest" inventory number of back strap marked PP's in my database. Please PM me with the serial numbers of both your PP's if you would.

Sam, sorry, no I have no listing of RJ ("Reichsministerium der Justiz") marked weapons

Slow10ker, the three very large, and non-overlapping-as-far-as-I-can-tell, blocks of RFV marked PP's implies the marking's location was intentional, but I am not aware of any directive on the subject

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tom, I would be interested, too, in both serial numbers of these RFV-PPs. Please PM me. Best wishes, Dieter.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Just a theory, but I am thinking maybe R.F.V. started front-strap-marking PP's when it began acquiring PPK's (which have a bakelite, not a steel, back-strap) then later re-started back-strap-marking PP's when it ceased acquiring PPK's. My rough date estimates and RFV database of Walthers don't contradict this theory. Dieter?

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts