Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Hey Jason - I did a quick Google search for Kreighoff 1943 11423 and came back with a couple of direct hits:

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jason - I did a quick Google search for Kreighoff 1943 11423 and came back with a couple of direct hits:
That’s awesome, it sold for 25k ten years ago . I’m thinking it goes 40-50k this time if it is legit

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much useless pics for the details you want to see on one of these.
New ad does state grips are not the best .
That is a good sign and the bluing looking thin-crappy is a good sign also.

Only took me 35 years to find a 1943 I was comfortable with .

BEWARE :eek:
Not saying bad or good- need a MUCH CLOSER look .
If I were to consider it , I would drive or fly there . They have advanced viewing

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Most I am aware of one of these 1943's bringing was $52K.

Sad thing about it was it for sure looked messed with .

Not that long ago Simpsons sold a 1945 for $50K. Pretty sure the time it sold prior it was under ten grand . WELCOME to HK land 🤪 o_O :eek:.
To me it makes it more of a challenge(y)

That’s awesome, it sold for 25k ten years ago . I’m thinking it goes 40-50k this time if it is legit

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Sold for $17,220 (including buyer's premium). Seems much lower than expected. Anyone know why?
Having worked for James Julia Auction before they sold out, I was privy to some internal knowledge of auction practices. I'm not sure that Morphy's would have followed the same pattern, but below is how Julia's would have proceeded with a low bid.

The bid estimate was $20,000 - $25,000. Having not reached the minimum bid, it did not reach a reserve value and would not have sold for the $17,220. It would then go into post-auction direct sale status. The high bidder (and others) would be asked to make a new offer. This 'final' offer of would then be presented to the owner for sale consideration. The owner would again have the right to accept or refuse.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Martin. That is interesting to know how it all works. But, still, even if that is how it ultimately found a price and sold... why would this rare gun not have achieved the minimum bid? Is there something I'm missing?

· Registered
1,668 Posts

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Administrator
16,738 Posts
I like gun auctions in real-life - have got a a few great deals, and overpaid once or twice.

Today is so much easier than our fathers did in the 60's, 70's and even the 80's with smart phones, the internet and these forums.
If you can find a decent mentor, it helps a lot. Bill M, Geo, Ron, Don, GT, 1993 F N and others. Folks are very willing to share information and its nice to get the real scoop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts