Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1944 Remington Rand .45

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  marfen 
#1 ·
I am retiring on December 30. I will not be adding as many pieces to my collection after that and wanted to add an example of a U.S. carried WW2 pistol to my collection prior.

1911A1's are not as available in Canada as in the U.S. of course. I did find this nice example of a later 1944 Remington Rand married up with a 1943 holster.

It does have some holster rub, but still in very collectible condition. Gives it that experienced look I suppose! :)

Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Mark,

I would much rather have a gun like that in my collection, that shows use, but very good care, than have an un-fired example. With a gun like your's, you don't have to put cotton gloves on before you handle it. With it, you get it out, admire it, strip it and clean it, then put it up. With an un-fire gun, you worry about every little thing. You're even afraid to show it to your friends for fear they will damage the finish, somehow.
Pat

#11 ·
It is a good one. A 43 holster for a 44 pistol is normal. A 43 pistol with a 45 dated is more iffy. The US may reissue a pistol every 10 weeks of a Basic Training unit, or example. A random holster would got with each issue and may be a 1917, 1918, etc.. There was no effort to match the two.

Enjoy retirement. It is good and it is bad. Worst is that money to buy as much, much more slim for most of us. With your collection, just enjoy and restudy what you have. You have a wealth of goodies.

On the having a pistol with slight wear is better than having a minty one, I once felt that way. If I know the firearm and can hardly ever be fooled, I now want minty. Nothing wrong with either, just personal preference, experience and possible future value but it is all good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.