Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

2 Norwegian police Mausers

399 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Like_Old_Guns
A bit of fun with an old box and 2 former Nazi Mauser pocket pistols that were repurposed by the Norwegian police.

The Model 1934 is a former Kriegsmarine pistol, the HSc is a former military accepted pistol.

Wood Trigger Gun barrel Rectangle Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Very nice, I like them!
Good stuff for sure!
The wood on the HSC is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
The Norwegians reissued only the best of the surrendered Nazi weapons and scrapped the rest. Those two appear to be some of "the best." Would you like to see my Politi pistols (2 Cz-27s, a Walther Model 4, a French MAB, and a Spanish Ruby)?
Reactions: 1
. . . Would you like to see my Politi pistols (2 Cz-27s, a Walther Model 4, a French MAB, and a Spanish Ruby)?
I would and I’m sure others would as well. I’ve collected them for many years. Regards,
As you wish.
I almost forgot about my Hungarian Frommer Stop Model 1912 pistol that was built about 1922. I don't know how it ended up in Norway at the end of the war, but suspect that it was brought there by a German soldier who surrendered it upon the war's end. Only 55 Frommer Stops were used by the Norwegian Police, and they were numbered 8001 to 8055. The Norwegian serial number on this pistol is 8007, making it the 7th Frommer Stop accepted.

See less See more
Here's my Walther Model 4 2nd Variation pistol that was built in 1914. This example is one of the 115 early Walther pistols (not the PP or PPK) adopted by the Norwegian Police on June 17, 1953.

See less See more
This Spanish Ruby Modelo 1916 was built by Azanza y Arrizabalaga at Eibar, España (Spain) in 1916 for the French military's use in World War 1. I suspect that it was captured upon France's capitulation in 1940 and then ended up with a lucky German soldier stationed in Norway when that war ended. This pistol was one of the 20 Modelo 1916 pistols finished and shipped to the Politi by April 21, 1954. 10 of the 30 on hand were rejected by the Norwegians and scrapped.

See less See more
This French MAB Brevete Modèle D, Type 1 pistol was built during the German occupation of France in 1940 or 41. This example is one of the 142 MAB Model D pistols adopted by the Norwegian Police on May 16, 1951.

See less See more
I have two CZ-27 pistols that ended up with the Norwegian Police. They were both built by Ceska Zbrojovka (Czech Armory), Bohmische Waffenfabrik (Under German Occupation), and surrendered to Norway post war. This one was made about 1942 and was then inspected and accepted into Politi use in Dec 1950/Jan 1951. They are some of the 1000 CZ-27 pistols the Norwegians used.

This second example was built in 1943 by Ceska Zbrojovka and was inspected, marked, and reissued between January and March 1960. The finish on it appears to be a bit rougher than the 1942 version.

All of the information I have shared above comes from Bob Adair's fine article regarding Norwegian Politi marked pistols.
See less See more
. . . I almost forgot about my Hungarian Frommer Stop Model 1912 pistol that was built about 1922. I don't know how it ended up in Norway at the end of the war, but suspect that it was brought there by a German soldier who surrendered it upon the war's end.
Interesting, thanks for posting. I collect POLITI 7.65mm myself, and often wonder how some of the guns made their way to Norway. I have a couple of WWI vintage pistols that are POLITI marked. Maybe the officers were WWI vets and simply maintained their pistols. Interesting variations to collect.
Is the Bob Adair article to be found online? Would love to delve into these more.
Thanks!
Is the Bob Adair article to be found online? Would love to delve into these more.
Thanks!
Unfortunately no. It was in an edition of the monthly NAPCA magazine. They are not online.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts