Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

20DWM com. 5 digit weimar police #87893

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jan C Still RIP 
#1 ·
Originally I was not going to post pictures of this luger in the forum as the luger is very rough, after reading up in weimar lugers by Jan C Still noticed that this is a unreported example and that very few were manufactured. 1100 to be exact and it falls under the serial range in Jan's reference for 1921 dated 5 digit commercials.

This luger came to my collection via a fellow Canadian collector ( Kidvet) both Marc and myself have been trying to retain examples of lugers of interest for our respective collections and have Marc to thank for this example as it fits in my Weimar collection of police unit marked lugers.

Enjoy the photo's

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 001.jpg
125.37KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 002.jpg
123.1KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 003.jpg
78.81KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 004.jpg
61.5KB

If you look close you will see the dove WaA4 proofs and this proof is also on the left side of breechblock

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 005.jpg
103.41KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 006.jpg
82.01KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 007.jpg
109.26KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 008.jpg
48.52KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 009.jpg
103.79KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 010.jpg
131.38KB

Download Attachment: commercialpolice 011.jpg
135.95KB

See less See more
#4 ·
Don

Glad you liked the photo's, always a pleasure to take the time to post photo's for people that appreciate what the unit marks stand for.

Someday your research and data will become an invaluable tool to unravel the mystery surrounding the weimar republic police pistol issuance.

With Ed's mapping and your data assembled together with cross references that will be the true envy of all collectors. You are doing an impeccable job with your research. Many thanks from someone who lacks the time and talent.

Will continue to provide as much help as available

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.