Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All:

I do not believe this magazine on e bay #2283748552 is not correct for a 22 conversion or at least it doesn't like anything I have ever seen.

My guess is that the markings on the base of the magazine are fake, what you all think.

Regards,

George

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
George
I do not have a police .22cal Conversion kit mag to compare it to.
However, the E/C does not look correct to me. Also, the number 1 is probably the magazine number(not the kit number). These .22 cal conversion kits are not extremley rare. Perhaps a member that has a proper police mag can compare it to the the E-Bay mag. The E bay mag bottom is shown below.
Jan

Download Attachment: 22837485522.jpg
17.14KB

Download Attachment: 22837485521.jpg
19.14KB

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jan:

I own a small wooden box 22 conversion and my magazine does not look anything like the one on e bay. See posting of my Erma conversion at:

http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2472

The aluminum base looks to be original. My guess is that someone faked the police stamping and installed the aluminum Luger base onto whatever type of magazine it is.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the responce I received my earlier posting regarding the Luger 22 conversion on e bay!

You asked:
"Dear Friend: I would suggest that you double check the Luger 22 magazine that you are selling. I do not believe it is for a Luger or a fake. The only thing that looks like it was from a Luger is the bottom.

Thank you for your inquiry, I have conferred with my father-in-law (who is the owner or the magazine and is recognized as an expert on small arms of the world). He holds several patents on weaponry and is often called upon by various government agencies to identify small arms. He obtained this magazine while stationed in Germany from 1961-1964. He was a personal guest of five heads of state from other nations. Thanks to the generosity of these world leaders, he was able to amass a very large personal arms collection. Like many museums, government agencies, and personal collectors who call upon him for identification purposes,I must go with his description of the conversion magazine.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You all crack me up with your responses on this topic of the 22 Luger conversion magazine on sale at e bay!

I sometimes wonder if I am being to critical of people when they respond with a e mail like this guy did. Well, I guess I am not alone.

Regards,

George

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
My kit is not Police but might give some clues. The mag does not match the other two pieces but has the same acceptance. I'm guessing Army but not really sure.

Download Attachment: MVC-029S.JPG
32.74KB

Download Attachment: MVC-030S.JPG
20.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-031S.JPG
44.3KB

Download Attachment: MVC-032S.JPG
26.93KB

Download Attachment: MVC-033S.JPG
18.39KB

Download Attachment: MVC-034S.JPG
23.88KB

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dear taudelt

My small box 22 conversion is #650. I wonder why mine unit has a blue 10 round magazine and yours has a nickel 5 round magazine? Nice looking conversion.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way, I checked E bay to see what ever happened to that fake 22 conversion listed as #2283748552 and it is no where to be found. Either e bay ro seller must of pulled it.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
George, My unit is police marked and all matching with a 5rd mag. Althought the box is a repro. Made by member "Toggletop". I have heard that some were issued with 10rd. The one on ebay looked like a butchered Colt Woodsman or Ruger with a Luger bottom hammered into it. "Vlim" is the guy to talk to about these.He has more documentation on Luger accessories than anyone. Here the site for the thread on identifying mine after I bought it.

Ron

http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1773&SearchTerms=.22+Conversion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.