Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is a 29DWM. The toggle is blank and the serial number is 3502u. It came with two matching magazines ("1" and "2"), one of them has an aluminum base, the other base is wood. The unit mark is L.E.73. (Landespolizei or Landjagerei Erfurt?); the "73" is also stamped in the magazine bottoms under a small symbol that I can't quite make out. The pistol has a sear safety and at least the remains of a magazine safety.

Download Attachment: Blank L.E.73 R.gif
295.41 KB

Download Attachment: Blank L.E.73. - L.gif
293.9 KB

Download Attachment: Blank L.E.73. - T.gif
251.38 KB

Download Attachment: Blank L.E.73. - GS.gif
293.86 KB

Download Attachment: Blank L.E.73. - MB.gif
193 KB

·
Registered
542 Posts
Shelly,
* What a nice, richeous "sneak". Think I recall seeing another "L.E." marked Weimar on the Forum a short time back. Did yours come in a marked upstrap holster as well??
* My eyes may be playing tricks; but, I see a Crown/Script "G" on your mag over the numeral "73". Seemingly, the C/G is often seen on Weimar Police barrels and may indicate a police acceptance, rework, or replacement stamp.
* What are the receiver and barrel acceptance and proof stamps on your example?
* Thanks for sharing this with us.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Shelly
Excellent photographs your 29 DWM. Details of the remaining markings would be greatly appreciated. Typically these bear a E/WaA66 stamp on the left receiver.
Thanks
Jan

G

·
Shelly-
Could my L.E.136. be a rack neighbor to yours? Also, with 2 matched mags, numbered tool, and brown holster. It's complete rig...and some of you have seen this one on another forum... Bob

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob:
Our guns are rackmates, no doubt. The "L.E." stamp on your gun's grip strap is made with different dies than mine, but the stampings on your holster look the same as those on my gun's grip strap. Odd.
Shelly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.