Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I present to you my latest acquisition, a 2nd Airforce contract Beretta 1935. The marking under the crown over eagle is called an inspectors "punch" mark according to the book, "Pietro Beretta Le Automatiche" by Ugo Menchini and Pierluigi Taviani. However another reference states the APT reportedly signifies African Police. I think the Itilians may be correct on this one. Any comments?

Mark

Download Attachment: Beretta19351.jpg
166.74KB

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Mark
Excellent photographs and explanation of your Royal Italian Air Force 1935 Beretta.
I stated on page 277 of AXIS PISTOLS (1986) that ... "The styilized ATP below the eagle reportedly signifies African Police." This information was from an American collector who specialized in Berettas and had visited the Beretta Factory.

The Menchini book uses much Beretta Factory documentation and is the outstanding Beretta reference. I accept the Menchini-Taviani explanation of a punch stamp over the African Police explanation found in AXIS PISTOLS.
Jan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.