Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought 2nd issue drum recently with a loader. the drum and the loader were both marked B/N. is this the correct marking or did I get taken. I paid $1000 for the drum and $500 for the loader $100 for the dust cover and $100 for the extension. There are no markings on the cover or extension. The drum is about 95%, the loader 90% and the cover and extension about 85% *****

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
mbushko,

the price you paid for the drum would have been on the lowish side over here in Germany (if it´s in working order and the channel on the drum is not dented). The loader would definitely have been a great find as they´re usually more expensive than the snail drum. So few of them were made. But a number of people on this site have mentioned that repros are on the market in USA, so maybe that´s the reason for the lower price of the loader. Dust covers and adaptors are mostly repros over here - and almost impossible to distinguis from the originals. As you probably know, the B/N mark was used by the largest drum manufacturer, Bing. They used to make German pressed tin toys and now are one of the world´s largest carburettor manufacturers. I contacted them some years ago to find out whether they still had anything left in their archives. But, like so many German companies, they didn´t want to have anything to do with their pre-WWII history. Bing pressed tin toys are now very expensive collectors´ items.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.