Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made deal with a Fellow and got this beauty. "36" Krieghoff #4556 with two Krieghoff mismatched mags. Mags are numbered 4926 and 4975. Of course I am looking for the matching mags to my pistol, would like to post pics but haven't mastered that yet. Could send direct to Mr.Still, if he sends me his e-mail address he could then post them. Thanks Dave Gill

·
Registered
144 Posts
Simply FANTASTIC!!!.! Congratulations! As I'm certain you are aware - "36" HKs are somewhat scarce - and much more difficult to find then the Late "S" and the "1936" variations.

We are looking forward to your pictures!

John

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Tom, it matches one of the mags (so I assume a gun), must be luger on top in bring-back paper, and then another gun on 2nd line.

Ed

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Photos with less lighting glare and more in focus would really help. One cannot see anything, other than a shiny gun...

The luger and mauser serial numbers on the bring-back paperwork seems to be # 3481 and # 572728; neither number related to the HK luger or the magazine numbers reported in the opening thread...

Cannot tell if the photo'd magazine # 3481 is HK proofed or not...need some in-focus photos...

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Pete and Tom, I just assumed that either the gun had this number written down, or the luger has this #?

Download Attachment: Gew98015.jpg
24.5 KB

I am a bit confused, clear pictures and further info would help.

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
I think some of the confusion is that the posted photos shows first a S-code and then the last 3 photos appear to show a "36"...

I think the S-code # 3481 with the side plate numbered, externally, might be a rare one...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes is was the same font. I traded the "S" off to another collector. The Mag noted "3461" is owned by a board member. i tried to make a deal with him on the mag but could not come to terms. I am still looking for mags for my "36" #4556, if anyone should happen to have them. I have two real nice HK mags for trade, both are in the 4xxx range for 1936. thanks for the good comments on my pistols.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.