Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Beautiful looking rig...I see your Femaru has the Crown of Saint Stephen on the front of the trigger guard...nice...(I am Hungarian)...Though my mainstay is Luger/Parabellum collecting, I do have a few very nice P.38's, Walther & Mauser, Walther PP's (love this pistol...PPK, not so much), Mauser HSc's (I believe a very under - rated pistol) and Femaru's...

Nice magazines, also, w/the holster...is your pistol in .380 caliber (9mm kurz) or 7,65 mm (.32 ACP)...??? I would assume 9mm kurz...

The Luftwaffe Contract pistols, jhv/41 & jhv/43 were all 7,65 mm...I read that the Germans wanted them in this caliber, because most of their pocket pistols were already well established in 7,65 mm caliber...I have a 98+% original blued finish Femaru, of the jhv/43 Luft. Contract, with both factory original magazines, w/a "dropping" holster, w/Luft. stamp...I just love it...now I would like to obtain a "brother" rig, in the jhv/41 Contract class...I have read that the Femaru pistol was held in "very high regard" by Luftwaffe pilots and NCO airmen...the Femaru had alot of competition, needless to say, in the "pocket pistol field"...CZ's, Walther PP & PPK, Mauser HSc, etc., ...

Congratulations and thank you for showing your rig...

Edward

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful looking rig...I see your Femaru has the Crown of Saint Stephen on the front of the trigger guard...nice...(I am Hungarian)...Though my mainstay is Luger/Parabellum collecting, I do have a few very nice P.38's, Walther & Mauser, Walther PP's (love this pistol...PPK, not so much), Mauser HSc's (I believe a very under - rated pistol) and Femaru's...

Nice magazines, also, w/the holster...is your pistol in .380 caliber (9mm kurz) or 7,65 mm (.32 ACP)...??? I would assume 9mm kurz...

The Luftwaffe Contract pistols, jhv/41 & jhv/43 were all 7,65 mm...I read that the Germans wanted them in this caliber, because most of their pocket pistols were already well established in 7,65 mm caliber...I have a 98+% original blued finish Femaru, of the jhv/43 Luft. Contract, with both factory original magazines, w/a "dropping" holster, w/Luft. stamp...I just love it...now I would like to obtain a "brother" rig, in the jhv/41 Contract class...I have read that the Femaru pistol was held in "very high regard" by Luftwaffe pilots and NCO airmen...the Femaru had alot of competition, needless to say, in the "pocket pistol field"...CZ's, Walther PP & PPK, Mauser HSc, etc., ...

Congratulations and thank you for showing your rig...

Edward
My son has always loved the femaru 37M and M 37 I had never found an M 37 I wanted or wasn't fast enough. I still remember sitting with my oldest son 15 years ago when he was 14 and I got him an HSc that he wanted. He told me it was a police marked one and went on to tell me of at least a dozen pistols that that the Germans used and where they came from and that there were many more. I am going to sell my collection and start a new hobby. After my son gets back from Portugal next week we are going to figure out how.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
This is that very HSc E/L with two matching mags.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Very, very nice Mauser HSc...w/out being able to see the pistol's serial #, I am going to guess 1942 vintage, pertaining to the very light machining tool marks on the pistol, though still an excellent finish...

Yes...definitely an Eagle "L" Police pistol...I can plainly see the stamp "strike" easily on the rear of the trigger guard...😎👍

P.S. ...By chance if you do not know the year of manufacture, just tell me the Serial Number and I will let you know...thank you for showing this HSc also...

Edward

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very, very nice Mauser HSc...w/out being able to see the pistol's serial #, I am going to guess 1942 vintage, pertaining to the very light machining tool marks on the pistol, though still an excellent finish...

Yes...definitely an Eagle "L" Police pistol...I can plainly see the stamp "strike" easily on the rear of the trigger guard...😎👍

P.S. ...By chance if you do not know the year of manufacture, just tell me the Serial Number and I will let you know...thank you for showing this HSc also...

Edward
Rectangle Cylinder Wood Electric blue Leather

·
Registered
533 Posts
Per the definitive book on the HSc pistol...

"The Mauser HSc Pistol", by Alan Burnham (just recently passed away) & Peter H. Theodore...

Your pistol was manufactured in mid 1942...

The serial numbers for 1942 manufacture ran from 749270 through 809671...putting yours in late June or early July 1942 manufacture...

7,300 Eagle/L pistols were manufactured in this year, for the Police...

Edward

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes...Mauser Banner magazines...as they should be for this pistol...and matching to boot...family heirloom is what I am looking at...

I have noticed over the years, and on my HSc Banner magazines, the Banner stamp is ALWAYS a little lighter on the left - hand side, when manufactured...the same stamps are used on the HSc pistol, as were used in P.08 Luger production...it is the "seven - line" Mauser Banner stamp used on the main toggle on the Lugers, (mostly) Police Banners...

Edward

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
very nice 37M....congrats on finding the extra mags. they are scarce and quite pricey. The 3 mags are worth almost what the gun itself is ,which is sad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts