Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 38H this weekend for a very reasonable price which lead me to believe it might have issues.
It is Eagle N proofed and Eagle 37 stamped, has the H stamped interior parts, shoot fine, magazine is a little loose but fed whole magazine with no hiccups.
It does have repo grips, the only thing that seemed out of place was the different font style of the number 3 , flat top 3 on frame and rounded 3 top on slide. I know for a k98 differant fonts indicate it is a put together. Does different style fonts on a 38H also indicated a put together?
I did a search of forum and on line with no answer.
Thank you in advance for the answers.
lastditch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Not to worry there. Its just the way they did it. They used different fonts on the different parts. mine is the exact same way and mine came with capture papers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for quick reply, kind what I was thinking parts made in different part of factory different stamps.
If I would have checked my other 38H’s I would have found other one with the different fonts on the 3’s. It’s a bring back eagle C.
lastditch

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It shows some wear but will make a great shooter. The 38H is an accurate little gun. Although it is heavy for its size, I occasionally carry mine with the realization that you need at least 3 hits for the 32 to be effective.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Is no one else concerned about what I assume is sanding/filing marks around the serial number on the right tang?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Deutschland
When I was looking at pistol I did notice them, but as the price reflected condition I wasn’t concern as it would be a shooter. After going through the gun, the way the grind /file marks are made they not deep enough to remove a previous number and not wide enough to do a forced match.
Thanks for bringing that up, I neglected to ask about that. I was curious also.
lastditch

Also if renumber to force match after war, the correct font stamp would be needed.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It has not had the best of care in its life. I do not think those marks indicate the serial number was modified. At some time someone may have been thinking about removing the serial number. There has also been some defacing of the magazine marks. The OP did not mention the exact price but referred to it as low. As I commented, it looks like a great shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts