Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my first PO.8 and the previous owner lost the original grips and magazines when she moved. She says when she finds them he will give them to me. In the meantime I would like to find out what to put on for grips and what and if they were black or wood also what kind of magazines it should have. under the barrel it has 7651 and below that it has a d.
Thanks for any wisdom you can share.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Good looking gun, it most likely would have left the factory with black bakelite grips although wood is not impossible. Authentic black grips and magazines are expensive these days. Hope you held back some money to incentivize the previous owner to find them. You can find period correct wood for less and they would look better than the oak leaves as a place holder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good looking gun, it most likely would have left the factory with black bakelite grips although wood is not impossible. Authentic black grips and magazines are expensive these days. Hope you held back some money to incentivize the previous owner to find them. You can find period correct wood for less and they would look better than the oak leaves as a place holder.
I did not hold back any money it's a friend of the family her husband passed away recently. I believe she'll find them I got it for a good price. It also has an original holster but it stated 1938 the two magazines that were with it were metgar put these grips are really killing me. When I pulled it out of the holster the first time my heart sank.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just be patient. If the grips & magazines don't materialize, you will find some eventually. I own several very early Spreewerk P38's and they purportedly were equipped with magazines stamped 'a' and 'b' when issued. Those magazines are way harder to find than correct grips and magazines for a byf'42. I have found 2 of each in the last 3 years or so. Just a matter of how much time you want to spend looking for them. Patience is your friend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just be patient. If the grips & magazines don't materialize, you will find some eventually. I own several very early Spreewerk P38's and they purportedly were equipped with magazines stamped 'a' and 'b' when issued. Those magazines are way harder to find than correct grips and magazines for a byf'42. I have found 2 of each in the last 3 years or so. Just a matter of how much time you want to spend looking for them. Patience is your friend.
We're all a little impatient I know what you're saying. I don't ever plan on selling it so I've got time thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts