Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of a new acquisition…..tool pouch is pigskin belt loops cowhide 42 dated.

Attachments

· Registered
701 Posts
Pictures of a new acquisition…..tool pouch is pigskin belt loops cowhide 42 dated.
Glad you posted these photos. The Leuner Bautzen logo has been stamped on a great number of recent reproduction holsters and your photos show what a real 1942 holster of that company looks like. At least, that's my observation from your photos. Thanks.

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m currently not a big holster collector however have learned through a friend there’s possibly a better return on investment if that’s your thing. I’m personally more interested in the GUN although I have a few nice holsters. I may sell this one (if inappropriate let me know) I want a fellow collector that appreciates it to end up with it not sure how to price it?

· Registered
354 Posts
It’s one of the nicer pigskin P08 holsters I’ve seen and I’ve seen my share. They apparently started being made at some point in mid to later 1941 and were made well into 1942 based on numbers around. What is very interesting to me is the fact that this holster and some few other P08 military accepted examples that I have seen are maker marked (Names) into 1942 when the codes were introduced for holsters in 1940 and I would have thought were fully implemented by early 1941

· Registered
1,049 Posts
I’m currently not a big holster collector however have learned through a friend there’s possibly a better return on investment if that’s your thing. I’m personally more interested in the GUN although I have a few nice holsters. I may sell this one (if inappropriate let me know) I want a fellow collector that appreciates it to end up with it not sure how to price it?
Pm sent 😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts