Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
The authentic ones I have seen for sale (there are some pretty good fakes) have a price tag in the vicinity of $4000. Real ones are really scarce and if you have a Cartridge Counter Luger and need a mag you will be willing to pay through the nose for one. I got lucky...I paid $500 for an authentic example in as good or better condition than the one shown. A buy of a lifetime.
Ron

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think dealers really shoot themselves in the foot, charging crazy prices. The collector community, their core customer base,will think twice about buying from them!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The authentic ones I have seen for sale (there are some pretty good fakes) have a price tag in the vicinity of $4000. Real ones are really scarce and if you have a Cartridge Counter Luger and need a mag you will be willing to pay through the nose for one. I got lucky...I paid $500 for an authentic example in as good or better condition than the one shown. A buy of a lifetime.
Ron
Seeing as how ordinary, everyday, WWI or WWII era Luger magazines are now bringing $150-$200 from what I see, you indeed got a bargain!

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
German Navy 1848 -1918
2,659 Posts
Seeing as how ordinary, everyday, WWI or WWII era Luger magazines are now bringing $150-$200 from what I see, you indeed got a bargain!
And an original, un messed with, P.04 mag in good condition is easily twice as much.

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
German Navy 1848 -1918
2,659 Posts
Ron
I was there when Ron got that mag - to say he was gleeful is a massive understatement.

Reactions: Ron Wood

·
Registered
287 Posts
David Rachwal has one on his site for sale...

1902 Cartridge Counter @ 90% finish...and of course, it is guaranteed to be original...(magazine)...

I personally do not know much about them, other than knowing they are extremely rare...

Price is $3,495.00. ...just checked his magazine inventory...it is still there...this could help out someone searching for one...

Edward

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
For Cartridge Counter missing a correct original magazine. That variation only had 50 (?) made. Very few collectors have it, those few know what he/she is doing.

C&R collecting consumes quite amount of money. It is not a single one-time 5k expense,,, it is 5k here, 5k there,,,, accumulated over years, lots of money.

·
Administrator
13,361 Posts
No offense folks, but you have to take into account the rarity of some items. Rarity and condition trump everything, everything. Alvin and Ron understands :) as do many others.
Original cartridge counters came about when?
Original cartridge counters were made by whom?

If you need one or need a second for a display, where else are you going to find one?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Agreed, if you need it you'll pay for it. I'm sure it wasn't bought by an entry-level collector either, just to have one!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think dealers really shoot themselves in the foot, charging crazy prices. The collector community, their core customer base,will think twice about buying from them!
I bought a Walther PP from Simpson Ltd., and those guys are great. The fellow I dealt with told me they had approximately 12,000 guns in their inventory.

They simply charge market prices. It's hard to charge "crazy prices" because if you do, you won't sell your gun/guitar/car/house/cow/coffee beans/coffee.

It's like when people from Kansas/Ohio/Alabama/wherever come to California (where I live, most unfortunately from the perspective of guns) and say "your houses have crazy prices!".

What does that mean to the person saying that?

It means that "whoa Nelly, I had no idea that a 1,150 square foot 50 year old house in a non-great neighborhood could possibly sell for $950,000."

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I am also looking for a PP. Both Amoskeag and Poulin would have a few each session, so I am waiting for their sessions. Also, more time needed to raise fund.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought a Walther PP from Simpson Ltd., and those guys are great. The fellow I dealt with told me they had approximately 12,000 guns in their inventory.

They simply charge market prices. It's hard to charge "crazy prices" because if you do, you won't sell your gun/guitar/car/house/cow/coffee beans/coffee.

It's like when people from Kansas/Ohio/Alabama/wherever come to California (where I live, most unfortunately from the perspective of guns) and say "your houses have crazy prices!".

What does that mean to the person saying that?

It means that "whoa Nelly, I had no idea that a 1,150 square foot 50 year old house in a non-great neighborhood could possibly sell for $950,000."
I've bought a number of guns from Simpson Limited over the years, included a Depression-era Colt 1911 National Match as well as a Luger or two. I even drove to their location once in Galesburg, Illinois from Louisville, Kentucky shortly after receiving my Curio & Relics license because they had a Colt pre-war Government Model I wanted. And I agree, they are great people to deal with and know what they are doing. I just found the price of $5000 for a Luger magazine which, you you get right down to it, is little more than a folded piece of sheet metal and a spring, rather breath taking to say the least.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've bought a number of guns from Simpson Limited over the years, included a Depression-era Colt 1911 National Match as well as a Luger or two. I even drove to their location once in Galesburg, Illinois from Louisville, Kentucky shortly after receiving my Curio & Relics license because they had a Colt pre-war Government Model I wanted. And I agree, they are great people to deal with and know what they are doing. I just found the price of $5000 for a Luger magazine which, you you get right down to it, is little more than a folded piece of sheet metal and a spring, rather breath taking to say the least.
A hundred dollar bill is just a 6" by 2 1/2" piece of paper, when you get right down to it.
Norm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts