Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Well as l look at this pistol finish l do not see any halos and basicly no wear marks and as l look at the grips wow lots of use. So it is my opinion the gun is refinished.
Happy Hunting#
Peter

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well as l look at this pistol finish l do not see any halos and basicly no wear marks and as l look at the grips wow lots of use. So it is my opinion the gun is refinished.
Happy Hunting#
Peter
Not much of a scratch either, from the safety lever usage, in the left ear of the frame...barrel halos also not apparent either...For what it is worth, this is only my opinion...but I would guess that an old arsenal rework/refurb/refinish is very likely.. a look inside the frame would be helpful...photos of the front and rear gripstraps would be nice too...

It is a nice Bulgarian, to be sure...

Edward

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
IDK fella's there looks like a halo around the 82 on the back of the toggle. Unless it was the lighting when the picture was taken otherwise I think Edward could be right an old arsenal refinish but interior frame being unfinished is a good thing. What about the end of the barrel, is that blued? Still though a great looking Bulgarian!!! Interesting about the numbering on the mag. The #'s could have been reversed on accident if not one heck of a coincidence.
Jim

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
welcome to the forum! What an amazing gun! I always hate making assumptions on photos alone, but I would say it appears to be refinished but most likely an old arsenal refinish. The grips are more worn then the finish. so unless they are not numbered to the gun, the wear doesn't match the finish. The crest appears not to be crisp, especially on the left side, but that could be the pic. lack of halo effect around the serial on the barrel and then the one pic, showing the load indicator, the bottom left side on the slide shows what appears to be pitting which is blued over. That being said, being refinished does not detract from the gun! Not in my opinion. The magazine is fascinating. I think this may have been a factory error. The chances of finding a numbered mag with the numbers reversed would be astronomical. I think you did really well on finding a scarce model. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Looking at the mussel you also can see pitting that is blued over, if you can rack the slide or remove it in order to shine a flashlight from the champer side in order to take a picture of the inside of the barrel. Also please remove the grips to check if those are numbered to what gun. Regardless of what possibly is not right, it is a heck of a find but it also is good to know what it is you have.

Happy Hunting!
Peter

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wonder if a "Sinichrome" test would be of any help here...plus photos in low natural sunlight, would be of help...especially on the straps...blued muzzle end is not a good sign...

I still lean towards an OLD arsenal refinish...if those ARE the original grips, and I am assuming that they are, it is highly unlikely that this fine Bulgarian is in its INITIAL original rust-blued finish...IMHO...thank you for showing this beauty...

Edward

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all for your input. I'm just happy that it appears to be all matching parts.. I tried to look in the facts to see if I was allowed to ask approximate value. Not that I plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.. Just so I can write it down so that if anything happened to me the family wouldn't get ripped off. Also, Is the holster bulgarian? No markings at all

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
What ever you paid is a good value your family should know, what you're family will recipe all depends on the maker at that time

Happy Hunting!
Peter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts