Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Review of “A Pistol Observation Addendum to The Imperial German Regimental Marking (Revised Edition)”
This list by Jeff Noll consists of 71 pages of observed and identified Imperial German regimental markings. It is the largest most detailed listing ever published and will prove to be of great value to the collector wanting to find out what a particular marking signifies and to the collector that wants to know where a particular unit mark fits into the general scheme of things. These unit marked pistols do talk. Highly recommended and priced very reasonable. For price and ordering address E-mail Jeff at [email protected]. Or see Jeff's post below
Jan C. Still

·
Registered
519 Posts
"A Pistol Observation Addendum to The Imperial German Regimental Marking" by Jeff Noll. Just published with its debut at SOS last week, this addendum expands the Chapter 4 Observations of Luger Pistols and non-Luger Pistols. Contains 1400 documented Lugers. This publication is spiral bound with a color cover (w/clear plastic top cover), printed on 28 pound paper, 74 pages and is the same format as my original book. Price is $23 plus $5.60 Priority mail postage (USA). Non-USA addresses Canada $20.55/Europe $24.75 International Priority. Other international shipping methods at buyers direction. Personal check or Paypal. [email protected] or Jeff Noll, P.O.Box 7184, Ventura, CA 93006

Airmail (non-insured) postage to the UK/Europe is $14.90//Canada $9.55

Airmail (non-insured) postage to New Zealand is $14.30//Australia $14.90

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
Jeff has done a great job with this addendum, I know how much time and effort he put in to it. It is a must have resource for any collector interested in the distribution of Lugers in the Imperial German Army .

·
Gold bullet supporter 2012
422 Posts
This addendum represents a EXPONENTIAL expansion of specific information/unit markings than was previously available. I have a copy of it and could not be more pleased and am most appreciative to Jeff and everyone else who contributed their time to document all this additional information.

Certainly agree with Keoki7 that this is a "must have" for those Luger collectors with an interest in unit markings.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Got mine in Louisville and burned up some of my "walking around" time because I was so engrossed the addendum. It is one of those gotta have references. Jeff is really dedicated to the research and it shows.

·
Copper Bullet Member
749 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get a copy of Jeff's latest work at the SOS. It will answer most of the questions people ask concerning unit marks. Great work Jeff. Thanks.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,559 Posts
I also got one , actually two at the SOS, and must agree with the above posts, that it is a must have for anyone with intrest in imperial unit marks. My hats off to Jeff, and all involved for this update. John Delinsky

·
Registered
136 Posts
Will this new publication include a comprehensive list of all known unit marks, or just be an add-on listing new unit marks that aren't listed in The Imperial German Regimental Marking? In other words, is my eternal search for a copy of Jeff's book over?

Regardless, I can't wait to get a copy of the new addendum!

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,559 Posts
This is a list of reported markings on lugers by year/ serial #. Keep looking for Jeff's book, It has a ton of usefull info not contained in this adendum to known unit marked lugers. John

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,340 Posts
I've just received my copy by mail, somehow I missed hooking up with Jeff at the SOS. I can only echo what the others have said, this new addendum is an important addition to any serious Luger collector's reference library. Jeff, I know this represents a lot of time and effort, thanks from all of us.
Best regards, Norm

·
Registered
136 Posts
Code:
Like John said, you had better keep that eternal search going.
I have to. It's my white whale. :mad:

This addendum is great news, though I was hoping for a third edition instead;)

In the mean time, I'll just bug you guys every time I find a unit marked bed pan or potato peeler!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sent my money via PayPal on Thursday and got my copy on Monday. The fact that it is signed and numbered was a nice touch. As for the content-WOW-pure gold. Jeff, your efforts to collect his information, organize it, and disseminate it in the most efficient and cost effective manner are very much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
majex45, I can see what standard air post cost to the UK in a padded envelop. Priority within the USA is very reasonable and provides a heavy cardboardish container, insurance and tracking at no additional cost. Jeff

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Jeff,
Thank you it would be appreciated. There used to be a service called Global Priority, which was economical, but I think the US postal service discontinued it.
A shipping method that takes up to two weeks is OK - which usually rules out surface mail.
Majex45

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.