Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted photos of this "rig" in the past but most guys collect the holsters and guns, not the belt and buckle. Although there are variations of buckles, the double claw officer variation is very common for officers and only worn with the service uniform. It was worn with the field tunic or over the greatcoat between the bottom two buttons.

How many of you have a "rig" without the belt and buckle? It is part of the guns povidence.... Food for thought?

Variations of the the buckles are a collection in their own. The open claw offices belt and buckle are very common, if you can find them.

Download Attachment: 300dpiKMHolsterPost.jpg
179.24 KB

Here is the link to the rig.

http://www.p38guns.com/KM Mauser 1934 3rd Var.htm

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mark,

That is a very nice "complete" Kriegsmarine M1934 RIG--you should be very proud to own this rare complete rig. I am a rig collector but as you indicate "most collectors do not consider the belt and buckle". Your point is well taken. I have several rigs that do include the belt and buckle but most of my rigs do not. Just how that pistol and extra magazine accompanied and was attached to the soldier/officer etc. is a pretty critical part of the whole "stand by" weapon/pistol available on demand process! I have never really given it much thought until you brought it up but I think it is as you say some "food for thought". I never get tired of looking at your excellent photos and presentations--keep them coming! Best, Lloyd in its getting HOT in Las Vegas!!!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lloyd!

I have a super nice PL belt and buckle with a brown Akah D.R.G.M. marked holster for my RZM marked PPk "rig" that I will post a few photos of when I get a chance.

Mark

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also have a RZM PPK rig including the PL belt and a spare flat bottom magazine. The belt is marked Crupon 358. The holster is ink stamped Walther PPK and Akah DRGM. The finger extension magazine is the solid base type correct for this PPK. The s/n is 825671. Harry

Download Attachment: 1.jpg
255.81KB

Download Attachment: 2.jpg
251.85KB

Download Attachment: 3.jpg
271.7KB

Download Attachment: 4.jpg
277.12KB

Download Attachment: 5.jpg
226.13KB

Download Attachment: 6.jpg
197.1KB

Download Attachment: 7.jpg
250.7KB

G

·
While we are talking about rigs, this one is off theme but on topic. When a U.S. officer attained the rank of Brigadier General, he was presented with a pistol and holster as a badge of rank. The practice is thought to have started about 1943 or 1944. The majority of the G.O. pistols were Colt Pocket Automatics in either .32 or .380 ACP, but a few officers still preferred the 1911 pistol. Attached are photos of an early G.O. rig before the armed forces changed the color of their leather items to black. The holster is made of and lined with calfskin, and the metal parts are gold plated.

Download Attachment: G.O.Rig-1.jpg
117.42KB

Download Attachment: G.O.Rig-2.jpg
123.12KB

Download Attachment: G.O.Rig-3.jpg
136.13KB

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Marc, first, as someone that has enjoyed, for quite some time ,your photography and knowledgeable commentary on the different forums you frequent, I would like to express my personal compliments and appreciation, I am sure your incredible contribution has been greatly appreciated by many.
Pursuant to your post on belts associated with rigs, I wholeheartedly
subscribe to your thoughts on this subject. Holsters of this era did not hang in thin air,...accordingly, the study of relevant belts and buckles, slings and magazine pouches(and certain other accessories) add to the colour of the collectable gear of this hobby.
Although somewhat off theme , please forgive me for posting three of the rigs I have that support my belief in what you are suggesting.
1937 & 1938 dated S/42 P 08s with matching magazines and period belts.

Download Attachment: Copy of both P 08s.JPG
234.82 KB

Download Attachment: Copy of 1937 Matching magazines.JPG
156.5 KB
THREE BELTS: (Top)- dated 1942 ,maker marked; (middle),I think this is a Political belt,dated 1938, maker marked; (bottom),army officers'belt, dated 1939 , maker marked.

Download Attachment: Copy of three belts together.JPG
213.63 KB

Download Attachment: Copy of 1938 Matching magazines.JPG
107.69 KB
1942 MANUFACTURED COLT 1911A1 - RIG

Download Attachment: Copy of Pistol and rig.jpg
226.79 KB
Lately, I find that many of my acquisitions have been to add accessories of one kind or another to compliment pieces that I have.
David

[

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David,

Thanks for the kind words and great pictures of your "rigs", You and Johnny have me thinking of finding a belt/holster/mag pouch set up for one of my 1911's.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.