Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dear Andrei, if you send a photo of your grips I can tell you if they can be original.The original grips are not in bachelite but in ebonite. Maybe I have a tool. If I find him, I warn you.
Cordialissimi saluti
Giuliano

·
Registered
182 Posts
Giuliano,

Thank you for the presentation, I also enjoyed reading it. I have a Glisenti Model 1910 which I am restoring. The quality is like a fine watch, but I have some broken parts to deal with, such as the safety. If you don't mind, I have a few questions:

The special tool: Unless you have another extra tool, I was wondering if you could provide measurements of an original so that I can make one. Thickness of metal, length, how wide the head and shank are, etc...

The grips: I have seen pictures of the M1910 pistol with wood grips. Were the wooden grips original issue or a late Italian military replacement?

Grazie!

Greg

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
569 Posts
Giulano,
I echo Dave's comments. A wonderful and intersting post mon ami!
Jerry

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
The special tool: Unless you have another extra tool, I was wondering if you could provide measurements of an original so that I can make one. Thickness of metal, length, how wide the head and shank are, etc...
The grips: I have seen pictures of the M1910 pistol with wood grips. Were the wooden grips original issue or a late Italian military replacement?
Grazie! Greg
Dear Greg, if you wait, I can get you the new tool. Next Monday a friend of mine lets me know something. If I not found, I will send to you the dimensional drawings
The safety is easy to repair. If you see in the ring, there should be a small relief. This relief is one that blocks the firing pin (spring guide). The relief is is inserted in the ring and you can slip off the remind. Looks good inside the ring!!!
The wood grips are a miltary replacement. In fact, the original ones, especially the left, were very fragile, as was done in ebonite.
Cordiali saluti
Giuliano

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Dear Andrei, the grips seems to me original. They should have branded the s.n. on the inside. Now (7.30 p.m.) I'm going to work. This evening I unmount my "Model 1910" and see my grips and I do you know for sure.
Saluti cordialissimi
Giuliano

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dear Andrei, having seen my grip, certainly original, I must correct my rating:
your grips are a reproduction. This morning, I was suspicious because of the lack of the s.n. and imperfect fusion. This evening I have dismantelled mine and my suspicions were confirmed.
Dear Andrei, I send the photos of my left grip.
Cordialissimi saluti
Giuliano

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guialfi,
mille grazie for the excellent photographs and information! The pistol is a pleasure to shoot. I make my own 9mm Glisenti ammunition for my M1910 and my Beretta M1915. Every M1910 I have ever seen is in excellent shape... every Beretta M1915 9mm looks as if they lived in the trenches! that is why they hold a place in my heart... like my Finnish Luger.

The tool... what is the square hole in it for? I will put myself to making one, someday soon.

ciao

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Caro Alpino, in fact, shoot the Glisenti loaded with ammunition for it is a pleasure. At the shot, the recoil is sweet and the pistol is very accurate.
There is, however, a great deal of difference between the Model 1910 and the Beretta Model 1915. The first (the Glisenti) is very original for the project, the second is an object built quickly (or hastily), copying here and there. Even shot the Beretta is unpleasant, for the angle of the handle and for the lack of a system to delay opening. The pistols manufactured by Beretta, as I think, are only well made but you can not see the genius of the designer!
I send you the photo of the tool measures. The thickness of the tool is 1 mm, the lenght 5,6 cm. and it is nickel plated. If you have problems, let me know
Cordiali saluti, Alpino
Giuliano

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
alpino, I also have a Beretta 1915 and would like to shoot it. I slugged the bore and it seems the bore is about .361 or so. What bullets do you use?
Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alpino, I see this thread is from 2011 so everyone has probably moved on. If you have not, and don't yet know, the square hole is to use like a wrench to turn the firing pin guide off of the firing pin (reverse thread) so you can get it out of the slide. I say this with some sadness as I broke mine while trying to use it for this purpose. It is not necessary to use the tool and I kick myself for trying. Cheers!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts