Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an all matching ac 45 in the first no sufix block (48xx) that has an unusual marking on the locking block. On the left side next to the Eagle over Swas. is a small six pointed star. It appears to be the same age as the other proofs. Removing the locking block one can see two "dimples" one on each flat of the top where a hardness test was done. On my late 44 byf only one flat has this dimple. One opinion I've gotten is that this part failed initial inspection and the star is a rework proof. The barrel also has a hardness test dimple (larger size though). Could this be a "steel proof"? I have a Browning 1922 with an "asterisk" type proof on the barrel next to the two WaA 140 proofs that I think the Buxton book calls a steeel proof. Any opinions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Al: according to buxtons book the six pointed stars means it was sent back for repair ,were the star was stamped is the area where it was having problems.I have a ac 45 a series too same stamp. Bill V

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.