Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an interesting Weimar/early Nazi police luger rig I found walking around a small N.C. gun show. It's an Imperial army DWM, 1918, #3647i. The gun is all matched with one matching police mag(#2). There are no added police unit marks and no 1920/21 property stamps. But for the sear safety and police mag, it is in all respects an Imperial gun. It also has the trigger guard eagle(TGE) which is generally seen only on late WWI lugers.
The black police style holster is by Franz Cobau, Berlin, 1935. A "sunburst K" of the Prussian State Police was also applied along with the serial number of the gun.
I bought the rig because of the tool. It's a seldom seen early "G date" tool with the number of the gun added. I think this is a good example of a mid-1930's police rig.

IMG_1771.jpg IMG_1772.jpg IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1728.jpg

Tim H.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,083 Posts
Nice work Tim. The tool is a killer!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Nice find.
Too bad they "messed up" the tool with the serial number! :p

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,313 Posts
Very nice, Tim. I believe 1935 was one of the times that they increased the size of the police force. They put these rigs together from what they could scrounge-up, from many sources. The tool and holster match by date and number. The pistol probably came out of some arsenal. The Imperial Stamp on the trigger guard, was probably put on when the gun went into the arsenal or possibly when it came out for some purpose, early on.
Pat

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Regarding the trigger guard eagle, see Still's "Central Powers Pistols" pp.257-258 and Görtz & Bryans "German Small Arms Markings" p.128.

--Dwight

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those that may be interested in this police luger rig, it has been posted on Gunbroker - #870054280. Or, you can go to the following link:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/870054280.
I'm currently selling most of my police rigs and this one was the only one with a trigger guard eagle.
Tim H.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts