Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
16,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1920 marked police I bought from a friend of mine.

Here is the basic information;

Luger is a 1920 DWM Commerical, with a serial # of 6276 m, small parts stamped (76) in the commerical style, with Crown/N on the left side of the frame as well as on the left side of the breech block.
It is in 9mm, which is normal for police guns.

The bottom of the barrel is stamped with Crown/N, and full serial number.

The unit markings on the front grip strap are :

L.P.Th.Nr.172

I have been surprised at how many L.P.Th guns I have heard of this last month!

Download Attachment: Alpha_ed_1.jpg
47.46 KB

Bottom of wooden magazine is stamped "L.P.Th.", with full serial number (6276, with no "m"), and a "+"; which I believe means it was a back-up magazine.

The luger has both the police style sear safety and the magazine safety.

Download Attachment: Alpha_ed_2.jpg
44.42 KB

Download Attachment: Alpha_ed_3.jpg
71.04 KB

Download Attachment: Alpha_ed_4.jpg
42 KB

Download Attachment: Alpha_ed_5.jpg
89.04 KB

This picture shows another m suffix pistol that belongs to a friend, his is about 150 different from mine, does not have a magazine safety, nor did it ever, it is police marked with a different district.
Download Attachment: Alpha_ed_PL.jpg
94.39 KB

· Registered
2,579 Posts
Ed

Nice photo's of your luger, the Weimar unit marked luger is becoming a period of interest. This I expect is due that the imperial unit marked luger is becoming hard to find.

Unit marks, be it either imperial or weimar are a traceable part of the lugers history and piques many an interest.Thankyou for the photo's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.