Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just thought i would show my early G date.

This is one of my favourite lugers....It is not 'minty' by any stretch of the imagination, but it has got 'character'.

Hope you like it.........

Proofs are W 154 S 92 Test Proof Eagle

Serial # 2736c

The non-highlighted marks that are visible are proof house de-activation stamps.

Download Attachment: 2736 c.JPG
58.03 KB

Download Attachment: back view.JPG
62.8 KB

Download Attachment: Glink 1.JPG
58.54 KB

Download Attachment: lug.JPG
61.67 KB
There is an 'H' infront of the reciever lug....does this have any significance?

Also there is a stamp on the lug, i can make out an eagle, but cannot see any number below it....What would the numbers be?

Download Attachment: pin.JPG
63.07 KB

Download Attachment: proofs.JPG
59.88 KB

Download Attachment: sideplate.JPG
61.12 KB

Download Attachment: RH.JPG
62.06 KB

Download Attachment: LH.JPG
62.53 KB

Any comments gratefully recieved......

Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hey Steve....I am an ex Brit....Came to Canada when I was 16 From Winchester.....I am pretty serious about Lugers and enjoy the History and Mystery surrounding them!!!.....what is involved in deactivation in England??? It looks like the parts still move!!!...In Canada for deactivation everything has to be welded up.......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply....

Regarding the de-ac process- The barrel is plugged about an inch inside the muzzle to the chamber and welded - the 'ramp' between the chamber and top of the mag is ground away - the breechblock and firing pin are ground back - the majority of the 'slides' are ground away and where the barrel screws in, a slot is ground out then welded.

And this government still thinks they can be reactivated and fired....I dont think i would like to try it...!!!!!

I am really supprised, i did not know the Canadian authorities were so strict regarding firearms.

At least ours can be stripped, cocked and 'dry' fired.......for now anyway....

Since 1995, over here smg.s have had to be welded shut, with no moving parts. I have two MP.40.s (both old spec-pre 1995)very nice pieces, missmatched numbers though.

I will post some pics of the 'butchered' parts if you like.

Does anyone know if the 'H' in front of the reciever lug has any significance? And what E/number should there be on the lug?

Best regards,

Steve.

·
Banned
803 Posts
Talk about overkill! I can't answer your questions, but would like to know if the grips are matching to the pistol.

Aaron

·
Banned
803 Posts
Talk about overkill! I can't answer your questions, but would like to know if the grips are matching to the pistol.

Aaron

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Aaron,
Unfortunatly i don't think the grips are matching.
The left hand one has no marks, and the right hand has '42'.
I do not know much about grips, should both of them have the last two digits of the serial number on them.?
And what about grips with no marks?
Confused.........

Regards,

Steve.

G

·
Steve
Just a little more interesting information relating to your G-date. I believe the serial range for the W-154 S-92 was between approximately 7400a through 723d.

·
Banned
803 Posts
Steve, I have not reached a conclusion regarding matching grips on G date Lugers. Mine are unmarked but appear original. Others report their grips are numbered to match the gun. I do not know if both matching and unmarked types are correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts