Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my FN High Power that I feel fortunate to have obtained sight unseen. The holster has writing inside the flap that I have yet to unequivecably decipher. Maybe somebody here can help. Also, I have not yet been able to the holster's maker's mark has not yet been identified. Anyway, here are my pics. (I wish I still had the camera I took these pictures with.)

Download Attachment: DSC00005.JPG
63.27KB

Download Attachment: DSC00008.JPG
62.56KB

Download Attachment: DSC00007.JPG
61.75KB

Download Attachment: DSC00006.JPG
62.86KB

Download Attachment: HolsterMarkings.jpg
206.9KB

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Very nice Hi-Power.

As to the holster - a "clg" - 43 or 44 was made by Ernst Melzig, Lederwaren, Liegnitz. It should have a WaA B66 marking which is found in one of three places. 1. On the little flap near the CLG, 2. On the rear, or 3. on the inside (underside) of the flap if here it may be difficult to find. Very good light will help.

As tothe writing on the inside, it looks like it says Pistol No. 61990. I am not sure about the rest of it as I can't enlarge it where I am now. Have to try to do it later.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I had been reading the code as cjg which is why I could never identify it. But now I must wonder if I am dyslexic. :) I had wondered if it was clg so now I know.

As best as I can tell the writing inside the flap reads like so:
Pist. Nr.
Pol. Nchr. Kp.53
Obw. Stoebe

And now that you say there should be a WaAB66 I can see it inside the flap. I don't know that I have ever noticed it before. In fact, it is just barely outside of the picture of the handwriting.

Thanks again,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts