Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. New to the forum and to FN 1905s. I recently purchase one made under German occupation (posted in the tacked thread) and am wondering if their integrity was weakened at all by sabotage as was with some Hi-Powers. I would like to put a few magazines through mine, but will not if there is any risk of damage. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,070 Posts
My gut feeling is that most any firearm that was made under occupation, that you should have it checked out by a gunsmith. Of course that is the answer to any gun new to you and that is 100 yrs old :)

Reactions: BePhreed

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
A gunsmith inspection is always the best way to guarantee safety, although my understanding of the occupation made 1905s is that "made" is not really the correct term, rather "assembled" would be more accurate. I am sure they made some parts, but my understanding is that most of the 1905s "made" under occupation were really assembled from parts that were actually produced before the invasion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with Deutschland. Since there were so few of them produced during this time period, they were probably assembled under occupation and very few if any of the parts would have been manufactured by the Germans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts