Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there collectors,

I am having feed problems 1 in 6 shots with my Artillery.

The bullets peel off the clip only half way, and jam with the point almost in the barrel.

I notice if you hold the barrel horizontal, pull back the toggle, the tip of the bullet is lower than horizontal by about 5 degrees. Should it be level or the tip of the bullet slightly rising?

I was using reloaded 115 gr bullets. The bullet surface was pretty scuffy.

Once the bullet flew out of the chamber when the toggle snapped back.

A few times the empty case was trapped pointing upwards between the bolt and the barrel, with no bullet in there.

Often the hold-open would not catch, and it seems that the magazine knob doesn't always go to the top to push the hold open

Do I need to oil or grease the rails? Magazine? They were dry during these tests.

When you aim it, does the front sight top line up with the bottom of the rear sights V notch?

Thanks for any tips.

Sincerely,
Bill Jensen

·
Administrator
15,532 Posts
Bill were you completely dry-firing? As the action, when really firing is much more positive than you can do.

Also, first thing I'd check is this;

Different ammo (some wally-world Winchester white box works great for most guns I have shot)

Different magazine

in that order,

Ed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

What do you mean by Dry firing? These tests were all done with live ammo, and shooting. The moving parts were "dry" though since I didn't know if you need to put oil or grease on the moving parts. I wiped all the surfaces clean with kleenex.

Sincerely,
Bill Jensen

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Bill,
If the tip of the bullet is pointing down when you open the toggle it's possible that the feedlips of your mag are distorted. If you are catching stove pipes, the empty case, it sounds like your reloads are not hot enough to throw the toggle back far enough to fully eject the case.
Again, possibly your mag is distorted since the follower is not always coming allthe way up, or you have a weak mag spring!!
The top of the front sight is supposed to be aligned in the middle of the rear sight with the tip at the top of the "V" notch rear.
A light coating of oil will go a long way in smoothing your pistols operation. You can try SOME oil in the mag also but an oiley mag really attracts grit and grime.

All of these suggestions are based on your description. I suggest you start with a new mag as Ed suggested!!

Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Collectors,

Thank you very much for your tips on my problem. I have another magazine now and will try the oil thing too.

I like the phrase "stove pipe" to describe the ejection problem. Might I coin an alternative: "toilet bowl" : )

Sincerely,
Bill Jensen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.