Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends:

I recently purchased a 1918 DWM Artillery Luger that has fine tune front sight. I am now in need to the sight tool. Would appreciate hearing from someone who may have an original one for sale or where I could possibly locate one.

Could someone advise what the value is of this item.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
152 Posts
George
If you buy an original WW1 vintage tool, be extremely careful in trying to use it for moving the sight: the original tools are (now) very weak (the iron pins are very often rusted at the base or inside the brass body). So, if the sight does not move very easily,don't force it!
More,if your LP08 is a 1918 front sight fine tuning-rear sight non fine tuning one,it's a very seldom seen gun.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Senor Paolo:

Muchas Gracias! I grew up in Latin America and speak Spanish! With many of my Italian friends, I see that Italian, Portuguese & Spanish are very similar! Que bueno!

Ok Paolo, many thanks for the heads up on the fine tune sight tool. I will pick up my LP08 Artillery within the next week or so. I did post some very poor pictures of this Luger at:

http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2941

It does have fine tune front sight and no rear fine tune sight!

Regards,

George(Jorge)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.