Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-I'm looking for a little help here. I recently purchased a small collection that included an early Astra 300, sn 5456xx with the fully checkered grips, the correct holster, and two matching magazines. The magazines are marked on the left side 5456xx over I and 5456xx over II. The same markings are on the base of the mag, serial number over I and II. The pistol is 380 with waffen amp.

I also have a later waa marked 380 rig with un-numbered mags and non-fully checkered grips. Does anybody else have an Astra 300 with numbered mags?

Sniper

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sniper:

I responded to your inquiry regarding the Astra 300 numbered mags on another forum. I believe that I stated there that the only Astra 300 mags that I had seen that were numbered were 20 round extention mags for that pistol. Those numbers were a 3 diget group stamped on the body of the mag, very close to the bottom of the mag on the left hand side. I have observed or had reported 8 of these mags. All the numbers are in the 900 series. None came with a particular pistol, therefore, it cannot be said that the numbers related to the serial of a particular pistol or whether the numbers were a 'property mark'. I have never seen, heard or read about issue magazines which were numbered to an Astra 300. The mags, according to your discription are numbered in the police style to designate the primary and secondary magazine, for what ever that is worth. That is about all I can tell you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry, but having considerable problems attempting to post on this forum. Prohibits me from posting a photo, and prohibits me from posting a link directly to my photo...very problematic. Anyway...

I have an Astra 600 WaAD20 with the #1 numbered matching mag. Does your numbering seem to be in the same style as mine?

Here's a link to my site: http://www.panchogun.com/
Go to the Index: Pistols by Country of Manufacture,
then find Spain,
then the Astra 600 WaAD20 (Matching Numbered Magazine)

·
Registered
485 Posts
David,
Great that they match in style.
This adds to the credebility of both of our pistols.
Would you be able to send me a photo of you mag numbers?
Pancho

PS. Have figured out how to post photos. Here is photo of mine.

Astra600numberedmag.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts