Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I seem to recall that on the Astra 600 the underside of the slide rails were left in the white. Is that correct or am I thinking of a different pistol?

Regards,

JGW

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
mine is still in original condition and while its worn still show signs it was blued. see attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
^ That is what an original condition Astra should look like.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ That is what an original condition Astra should look like.
Gentlemen - Thank you. That was my recollection, but was not sure. The seller of the item I was looking at was quite proud of his Astra since it was in almost new condition and he was certain was never refinished. The bottom of the rails told a different story.

Best regards,

JGW

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Gentlemen - Thank you. That was my recollection, but was not sure. The seller of the item I was looking at was quite proud of his Astra since it was in almost new condition and he was certain was never refinished. The bottom of the rails told a different story.

Best regards,

JGW
Yep, that can happen. My first Astra, now gone, was like that. Must've been an arsenal job or something, markings weren't rounded or buffed, sharp edges, never would have known it had been reblued until I realized it was supposed to have the internals in the white. Sold it shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Dr. Antaris' book is the bible for this type. In his picture,,, unfortunately, it is not a color picture, I would think it is in white. Page 303 of "Astra Firearms" (a sample of Portuguese Navy procurement M600 of 1951).

He does have color picture of M400 on page 216, that area is in white too (a Spanish military trial pistol of 1921)

Rails are blued on M900 series. I know this one. Also, that matches Antaris pictures.

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Not surprising. So many of the Astra 600s were pressed in to post-war use and so many of those were refinished along the way. Lots of unsuspecting Buyers are tripped up by these. Nice firearms, but not original rust-blue finish.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
well, that explains it then. Mine looks exactly like Roger's. mostly in the white but a few spots of where the Blue is on the rail. I just assumed it was worn off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts