Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Rock Island Auction has Astra 600, #11572, Astra logo on barrel and pist. patrone 08 on chamber.
Tim H.

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Don, I took the grips off of my Astra 600s and pulled the grip safety pins. To my surprise, both carry the full serial nmber of the gun. I didn't realize the Spanish were as fastidious about numbering lesser parts. Here are two photos. Thanks for bringing this up.

Astra 600 Safety [16020].JPG Astra 600 Safety [26443].JPG

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Roger,

Thanks for checking! After looking at your photos, I took another look at the frame of 39472. With the exception of the four digit number (9472) my frame is blank (no "Unceta Y Compania"). Strange!

Best Regards, Don

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Today I acquired:
ASTRA 600, #46849 on both slide and frame;
-No waffenamt;
-No grip strap marks;
-No Astra logo;
-Partial ser.#6849 on underside of slide and under lt. grip & #849 on barrel;
-Mag #46849 with electric pencil, spare mag stamped #21249 long ways;
Tim H.

·
Gold Bullet Member
368 Posts
Roger Have some 600 info for you

1) 8759 on frame & slide

2) Yes WaAD20

3) No

4) Yes

5) Yes Full # under left grip,right bottom of slide & on the left side of the grip safety, Last 3 #s located on the bottom of the barrel,right edge of slide stop( partialy visable when pistol Is together) top of extractor ( must be removed to see It) & left top of mag release lever( remove grips to see) no other numbered parts were found during full disassembly.

6) No

7) N/A

8) Will try to get pictures some pitures when I have more time

hope this Is what you need. :)Josh

·
Gold Bullet Member
368 Posts
Roger here are the pictures of the numbered mag. release, extractor & slide stop from my Astra 600 # 8759. You will see the slide stop Is oddly numbered 259, the gun Is a vet. bring back or supposed to be & had no signs of being taken apart before so It could be a factory error? does'nt really matter I still like It.:) Sorry to have taken so long In getting them I had to find time to take the pistol partially back apart hope the photos help Josh

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Josh, impossible to know for sure, but the odds of a mismatch being correct on the last two of three digits is pretty low, particularly given the history of your Astra. I really like these as well. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Recently I acquired Astra 600, #35297. NO Astra logo on slide, NO pistol Patrone on chamber, small parts with last 3 or 4 numbers of the full ser.# and mag #8767.
Tim H.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Roger,
Here's info from my pistol;
1. 4351
2. Yes, WaAD20
3. No
4. Yes
5. Barrel -351, underside of slide left rear -4351, frame under left grip "Unceta y Compania 4351', barrel also has "PISTPATR08" over crown/P
6. No numbers on mags, Astra Logo on tabs
7. Post war holster marked "LARSEN 1955"

Mike Betke

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Just acquired Astra 600, #19387, no Astra logo on barrel, no pistol patrone on chamber, no waffenamt, all matched, no serial # on mag.
Tim H.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts