Pistol #2:
Serial #16591
Full logo on the slide
Pist.Patr 08 on the chamber.

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Bayoned, thanks for posting. You don't see too many of the low serial number WaAD20 Astra 600s and see even less of the dkk44 holsters. Any chance you'd be willing to post some photos of both?

Are either of the Astra 600s LPBN marked?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd be glad to post some photos of the WaAD20, but it will have to wait until I have several guns to photograph.

Neither of the two pistols is LPBN marked.
Regards, Ned

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Astra
serial 45808
no LBPN markings
Slide and Frame match.
Serial number matches on the mainspring housing
5808 on bottom of slide rail.
808 on bottom of barrel.
holster has 45808 inside it with what looks like ballpoint pen ink.
One magazine has no serial and the other is mis-matched.
I bought it a looong time ago for a very small sum; but it was a lot then.
It's pretty clean but has some discoloration on the trigger and other bright parts. I have never tried to remove the trigger to clean it. Probably have not shot more than 100 to 150 rounds in 40 years.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
1. Complete frame and slide serial number(s) - Yes (6361)
2. WaAD20 marked (Yes/No)? Yes
3. LBPN (Landesbereitschaftspolizei Niedersächsen) grip frame marked (Yes/No)? No
4. Does the front top slide have the large Astra U/C logo as shown in the “Astra U/C logo” photo below (Yes/No)? Yes
5. Does the pistol have other serial number markings (full or partial) on the muzzle, under the grips, on the barrel, or other parts (Yes/No)? Yes - barrel, inside of slide, grip area of frame
6. Are the magazine(s) serialized (Yes/No)? No
7. If you have a period holster, please provide any markings, such a serialization, LBPN, or WaA. - N/A - Feel free to send me one ! :)
8. If you have photos of your Astra 600 that you are willing to share, please post them, everybody likes photos. - Done

View attachment 32972
[/QUOTE]

·
Gold Bullet Member
368 Posts
Roger,

Here Is another for your research :

1) 4467
2) yes
3) no
4) yes
5) yes (bottom barrel, extractor,slide stop, grip safety, mag. release, & normal frame and slide areas)
6) no
7) yes dkk 44 & WaA195 lighty stamped
8) see attached

Josh

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Just acquired Astra 600, ser.# 54714, completely matched, no logo on barrel. Magazine #50287.
Tim H.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another one

Serial Number 16731 on right side of frame and slide.
Circular Astra U/C logo on top of barrel
UNCENTA Y COMPANIA S.A. and GUERNICA ESPANA stamped on top rear of slide, readable from left side.

"Pist.Patr. 08" and circular bomb with P proofmark readable on barrel through ejection port.
last three digits of serial number on bottom of barrel.
last four digits of serial number on left side of frame under grips.
last 3 digits of serial number on magazine release.
all five digits of serial number on grip safety.
all five digits of serial number stamped on bottom rear of left slide rail.

No Waa proofs
circular bomb with P proofs on rear of left side of slide and frame
J in 'rectangular oval' with cross on top proof on rear left side of frame
X in shield surmounted with knight's helmet proof on rear left side of frame

(the last three proofs on frame read from back of frame to front)

Magazines: matching 16731 serial number on one magazine, stamped front-to-rear on magazine, readable from right side of gun (or, readable with tab down). Word ASTRA stamped on bottom of magazine tab.

Second magazine: no serial number, stamped with small circular ASTRA U/C logo on magazine tab.

Holster: Commonly shaped Astra holster.
Stamped on inside rear of holster with 'large' (1/2" diameter) circular G with small letters 'eco' above bar of the G.
There appears to be second, (1/4" diameter) unreadable circular stamp near the Geco stamp.
Flap tab attached with 'oval' stitching.

This gun and its accessories have been together since it was purchased from the importer (Hunters Lodge) for $26.50 in 1967 or 1968.

·
Registered
3 Posts
astra 600 ser#39975

just signed on the board and ran across this thread on the astras. mine is probably the niciest one i have ever seen nearly perfect in all respects. it is all matching including the mags and holster. it does have the last 4 of the serial on the barrel cap and all small parts including the mags. it has the lbpn on the forward grip strap also. the gun has no signs of wear and not sure if it has been fired more than to test it. had been looking for a nice one for a few years when this one came up. have owned a few prior but honestly have never seen one even close to this condition. will get some pics up as soon as i figure out how. great forum, great info!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
1. Complete frame and slide serial number(s) 49814
2. WaAD20 marked (No) (This should only apply to serial numbers < 10,501.)
3. LBPN (Landesbereitschaftspolizei Niedersächsen) grip frame marked (No).
4. Does the front top slide have the large Astra U/C logo as shown in the “Astra U/C logo” photo below (No).
5. Does the pistol have other serial number markings (full or partial). Barrel under chamber 814, underside of slide on left rail 9814, under left grip on frame 9814 and on left of grip safety 19814. Grip safety has a plastic grip safety extension installed.
6. Are the magazine(s) serialized (Yes). If yes, answer 6a-d for each magazine.
6a. Provide the magazine serial number. (One magazine no numbers, the other 521 over 2. All struck out).
6b. Is the magazine serial marked parallel to the long dimension or the short dimension of the magazine with the full or partial serial number (Short). See sample photographs.
6c. Is the matching magazine electro-pencil marked with the full or partial serial number? (No).
6d. Does the magazine have a number 1 or 2 on it, such as those found on police marked magazine of the era? (Like the short dimension magazine example shown.) (Yes, #2 struck out).
7. If you have a period holster, please provide any markings, such a serialization, LBPN, or WaA. Holster no markings.
8. If you have photos of your Astra 600 that you are willing to share, please post them, everybody likes photos.

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Here's one in my collection:
Astra Model 600/43
Serial No. 22164
WA marked? No
LBPN? No
Large Astra Logo? No
Serial Number on the Magazine? No

Pictures attached:

Jim

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
marvmc, if you need help, PM me and I'll send you my email ID. I can post your photos if you want.

". . . but honestly have never seen one even close to this condition"

After a description like that, I’m sure many are interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Roger:
It shows bluing wear to the high areas and that's it. I doubt that it's ever been fired. IMO :The quality of these pistols would make a German manufacturer take notice and I'm primarily a German pistol collector..
Jim

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Jim, the story goes that the Spanish were out to impress the Germans with the quality of the Astra 600 to show them what they were capable of producing. They did a great job, and the fit and finish of the Astra 600s are excellent. The quality also extends to the Astra 300, a great number of which were produced in 9mm kurz and 7.65mm. I agree with your comment and I too am primarily a German pistol collector, with a little Spanish and Hungarian thrown in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Roger. Here is the information on my four Astra 600’s:
1. SN: 8367
2. WaAD20: Yes
3. LPBN: No
4. Astra U/C Logo: Yes- Chamber Marking: PIST PATR 08 / Proof
4a. Two line address on top of slide
5. See comments below on SN locations
6. Mag SN: No
7. Holster: No

1. SN: 9762
2. WaAD20: Yes
4. Astra U/C Logo: Yes- Chamber Marking: PIST PATR 08 / Proof
4a. Two line address on top of slide
6. Mag SN: Yes – Hand Scribed (Probable Post War Police)

1. SN: 17932
2. WaAD20: No
4. Astra U/C Logo: No - Chamber Marking: Proof Only
4a. Four Lines – Two address lines & “Astra’ MOD. 600/43 / 9m/m PARABELLUM on top of slide
7. Holster: Yes – Post War Police

1. SN: 44868
2. WaAD20: No
3. LPBN: No – MRP Marked (Portuguese Navy Contract) & Made in Spain
4. Astra U/C Logo: No - Chamber Marking: Proof Only
4a. Four Lines – Two address lines & “Astra’ MOD. 600/43 / 9m/m PARABELLUM on top of slide
8. Comment: This pistol has the black plastic grips with the ASTRA logo

The serial number locations appear to be consistent for all of the Astra 600s in my collection.
They are as has been previously noted by the earlier post in this thread: On the right side of
the frame and slide, under the left grip (with the Astra company name), on the bottom rail of
the slide, and the last three digits under the barrel. Don added that the grip safety was numbered
with the full number, and Josh added the right edge of the slide stop, the top of the extractor,
and left top of the mag release lever. I have also observed all of these except the extractor
(haven’t disassembled mine yet). It is surprising that no other numbered parts were found during
completed disassembly. Other parts like the hammer, sear, grip safety, and possibly the firing pin
would seem to be prime candidates for serialization.

After this thread I’ll have to disassemble and closely examine my German contract Astra 400 to see
where the serial numbers are located. There is not a number visible on the right edge of the slide
stop as on the 600s. Maybe the serialization was increased at the request of the Germans on the
Astra 600s.

Thanks for all of the excellent information!

Dave H.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts