Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mark,

Wonderful rig and a beautiful photo presentation. Glad you were able to add it to your collection. The holster is a beaut! What's next on the acqusition front? I am trying to find an early Nazi Marked FN Browning 1922--wtih a E/WaA613 waffen acceptance stamp. Lloyd

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lloyd,

I am on the look out for a double e/37 Sauer 38h, thanks for the lead on the Astra it is a real nice addition to the collection!

Mark

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mark,

That same gentleman you purchased the Astra 600 from had a DOUBLE E/37 marked Sauer 38H the first day I saw him at the SOS. I handled it and looked it over very carefully but passed. He wanted and told me got right around $1,300 for it. I checked back with him the next day and of course it had been sold. It was pretty nice and I had never seen one before in person. Since it is reported that only about 1,000 were produced I probably won't see another one anytime soon. I should have worked a deal but I was to busy chasing down some other "I got to have" pistols! I have a collector friend back east that told me he looked for five years before he even saw one. Oh well, I will keep my eye out for another one "hope springs eternal"!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lloyd,

If you have a copy of

The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly
Part 1: Automatic Pistols 2nd Edition by J.B. Wood

the photo's on page 474 show the author taking a double e/37 pistol completely apart....... yikes!

Mark

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
The double e/37's, along with the high polish Police E/F's, are surely the "Holy Grail's" of Sauer collecting. I've never even seen either, let alone being able to afford one for my collection, but one can always hope.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hello Mark,
Holy cow, I didn't know you had your collection on the web.
Well done. I think your photo technique is first rate.
Somewhere along the line I'm going to get a glass table.
Again, terrific site. I know it is a lot of work.
Pancho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.