Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard second hand that Dr. Artaris has recently completed or is about to complete a new version of the Astra Automatic Pistols book. I use the version I have constantly. Is anyone aware that is the case or have any info? Does anyone have his email contact information? Thanks,

·
Copper Bullet Member
367 Posts
Astra Book

Try Phone # 1-319 326- 8181 Fax # 1-319 326-8184 1-800 765-8181

FIRAC Publishing Co.
1230 E. Rusholme St. , Davenport , Iowa 52803

This Information is from when I purchased his first book .

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
An E-Mail today from Len
Dear fellow enthusiast,

Let me start by thanking you for having purchased my Astra or Star text. As someone with an interest in firearms, I thought you might like to know of my new book Astra Firearms and Selective Competitors.

After having published Astra Automatic Pistols in 1988, it was apparent that a more comprehensive work was needed. Over the past 9 years, the book was rewritten and rephotographed. Though Astra closed in 1998, production records were kept by the Guardia Civil who allowed me ready access.

The foreword, written by Joseph J. Schroeder, Jr., well known author of System Mauser, provides a thumbnail overview:

“Antaris’s presentation of prototype Campo-Giros, the selection of engraved and damascened M300s and the new material regarding the M400 (1921) will be welcomed by the entire gun collecting community. Many readers will be drawn to the M900 series chart that references most of their original destinations! As concerns the WWII years, new tables detail the M200 and M300 Condor Legion guns, their procuring bases and, in some cases, the signatory officer. The pistols made after WWII are treated in the same methodical manner as Astra changed its production to meet commercial demand. Adding to their interest are the guns presented to Spain’s Francisco Franco, Argentine’s Juan Peron, and U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower.

There are also chapters on Astra’s revolvers and shotguns. Rarely considered hallmark weapons, their production was nevertheless prodigious. Who would have guessed that Astra made nearly half a million revolvers? As with the pistols, each variation has been carefully detailed as to its historical import and corresponding production.

The most interesting “extra” is the section entitled “Selected Competitors.” Here the companies and products that competed with Astra are reviewed, discussing in depth the ECIA pistols, Beistegui Hermanos’ C96-type guns, and Chinese copies. Astra’s M900 arch rival, the Mauser C96, has its own comprehensive chapter as well, lending to a completeness and a seldom approach by other books.”

Specifications: hardbound, slightly oversized (9” x 11”) and 816 pages printed on gloss paper. Nearly 2700 high-resolution images with most in spectacular color. $150.

BOOKS NOW EN ROUTE WITH DELIVERY IN LATE AUGUST. ORDER NOW AND SHIPPING TO CONTINENTAL USA WILL BE INCLUDED. FOREIGN ORDERS INQUIRE FOR ACTUAL SHIPPING COST. Signed and dated copies are available upon request at no charge.
(bslow added July 26, 2010 by jcs)
Payment may be sent directly to: FIRAC Publishing, 1230 E. Rusholme St., Suite 107, Davenport, Iowa 52803. All shipments are via UPS, so be sure to include a street address. After October 1, 2011, the cost will be $150. + shipping. NO PAYPAL FOR SPECIAL PRICE ADVANCE ORDERS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts