Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any help in putting a price on an automatic Luger I came across. It fires from a drum comes with a stock and this particular pistol has never being bought or sold. What vintage it is i,m not sure but I didnt know they came as automatics.I've seen it fired and may be able to get a photo. We are led to believe it was never mass produced but its all guessing as its origin is clouded. Any help would be appreciated...
Aptce.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
What is the barrel length?

What are the makrings on the stock?

Does it require a trigger pull for each shot?

The artillery lugers has a 8 inch barrel and the navy luger has a 6 inch barrel. Many of both were issued with a stock. (The stock will also fit the 4 inch luger.) It would seem that this is one of the navy or artillery stocks. There was also a drum that was issued in some instances. Again, this sounds like what you have.

The

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you squeeze the trigger the drum will empty the barrel length will take a while to check thanks for the help Aptce

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Larry, this sounds too good to be true. I´ve heard that Dr. Sturgess has one in his collection. The only time that I´ve had a Luger go off on full auto scared me no end - and made a hole in the roof of the gallery.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Is this a "Reihenfeuer" Luger? Or is the full auto a malfunction? Please provide further details and (if possible) pictures.

How fast does does it fire on auto? If this is a malfunction, it´ll be too fast to hold - and extremely dangerous. If, on the other hand this is a prototype "Reihenfeuer" , any further information would be VERY interesting. Georg Luger was working on this project (and on a toggle action semi-auto rifle) at the time of his death.

Patrick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will get photos in a couple of weeks. The rate of fire I couldnt honestly say. The cycle of fire is achieved by the fact that the toggle lock is interupted by a simple enough device on the top of the pistol. This device is a part of the weapon and not an after thought. The cycle is interupted and the pin keeps going forward at a constant high rate. I believe a man who knows his trade looked at it once and to paraphrase him he said HE has never seen anything like it but he had heard of its conception and believed there were three of the in circulation but any relevant paper records were well and truly burned (WW2)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
... any accessories other than the drum and the stock? ... holster, loader etc ? Do you know where it came from? ... any markings, stamps etc? Are the parts numbered?

Patrick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cannot provide any other information but watch this space in a couple of weeks. reputedly smuggled in many decades ago and never saw action. Aptce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.