Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Baby Nambu is sadly without it's most important component. Ammo. I realize that 7mm Nambu is tough to come by, but would love to know where I might find at least one or two rounds of the original stuff.
I have one round that is "made-up" from an .30 Carbine case cut back and necked down to the .284. Just would like to have a real one.

Anybody got any ideas??
All help appreciated!!!

Ronnie

P.S. Sorry about the dirty sock!!

P.P.S. Any other accessory ideas cheerfully accepted (Clg. Rod, etc

Download Attachment: BabeRtAndHolster.jpg
215.08šKB

G

·
Original 7mm ammo is very expensive, $50 per round, not per box, per round. And you are not even assured that it will fire. The made up stuff is much cheaper. Let me know if you still want some.
Were I you I would wait and keep posting ads seeking to find original ammo at a reasonable price, who knows, you could find a full unopened package of it at a yard sale for 3 bucks.
Good luck,
Pat

G

·
If you must have one and can't find one cheaper elsewhere I will be willing to sell up to 2 rounds of the originals at $50 each. I have a small quanity of made up shooting ammo that I would rather to sell. Give me your email and I'll contact you tomorrow, time to go to bed for me.
Good nite Ronnie

· Registered
100 Posts
Very nice Baby! Especially with the holster & strap! I've been lucky enough to pick up these three boxes of Baby ammo within the past couple of years. The one on the right is empty, the middle one is full & the one on the left is missing 7 rounds. About a year or so ago I tried to sell the rounds from the left box for $25 apiece. Never had a single hit & I've come to my senses since then. Now I'm trying to find the 7 missing rounds. The three rounds in front are different variations. One has a friction held bullet, one has three stab crimps (staked) & one is segment crimped.

Download Attachment: DSC02350.JPG
103.22KB

Download Attachment: DSC02351.JPG
97.62KB

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by arisakadogs

Very nice Baby! Especially with the holster & strap! I've been lucky enough to pick up these three boxes of Baby ammo within the past couple of years. The one on the right is empty, the middle one is full & the one on the left is missing 7 rounds. About a year or so ago I tried to sell the rounds from the left box for $25 apiece. Never had a single hit & I've come to my senses since then. Now I'm trying to find the 7 missing rounds. The three rounds in front are different variations. One has a friction held bullet, one has three stab crimps (staked) & one is segment crimped.

Rob,
Thanks for jumping in on this thread. These are the first photos of the ctg. that I've seen. --- thanks for sharing. BTW, sure you don't still want to part with some of those??

Ronnie

· Registered
100 Posts
Wally Morishige is a good guy & it seems he comes up with just about everything you can think of sooner or later! Think I'll see if he can help with the seven rounds I need - after Ronnie gets the rounds he needs. (Can't help but feel a little guilty looking for seven more rounds when I have over 100!). Seems the segment crimped examples are the most commonly found. My friction held & staked examples are the only ones I've seen. Of course there's still the super rare dummy round - have never seen one of these in person! I'm lucky enough to have all the loops full in my holster as well. Some of these rounds have dented primers. Can't imagine trying to shoot any of these.
I had an extra Baby rod (with inspection mark) that I tried to trade forever for two T-94 rods (early & late). Finally found a taker & made the trade. Funny how things work with rare items like this!

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NEW SHOES!!!!!
Thanks to Wally Morishige, I now have ammo for my Baby Nambu. I must say thanks to those of you who recommended him, and Wally himself for his prompt and courteous replys. Heartily Recommended!!! Nice guy to deal with. An excellent resource for Japanese items. Give him a chance next time you need something.

[email protected]

Ronnie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.