Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
As far as I know all Behollas/Mentas/Leonhardts left the factory with a blued finish.
This one looks parkerized, so my bet is that it was refinished.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not selling. Generally I do not buy refinished pistols. It is $200.

What do these go for with original finish?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Robert, they seem to be in the $450+ range now if original. Hard to say, as not many seem to come up for sale.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
My Beholla

IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0033.jpg IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0022.jpg

A Beholla and HM Gering (blued) .....Basically the same pistols. The Beholla is Imperial marked on the trigger guard. The HM Gering was made in very small numbers towards the end of WWI. My Gering comes with a marked holster and two mags and value (to me) is 650.00....Not many of those around and especially in that condition.....Most are very well used........It's a heavy little 32!..........According to Fritz, Only 8600 of these Gering marked pistol were made? That makes it a very rare pistol..... especially in this condition?
Joe

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Joseph,

You are here in possession of a very interesting H.M. Gering pistol, because this one is following my data base unique.

First of all we have to realize that H.M. Gering was the producer of the "Leonhardt" pistol which was put on the marked in 1920. For unknown reasons this company manufactured since 1917 the so called " myterious Beholla" including the famous military accepted ADREMA models.
These pistols were made with a special feature, the slides are without any labeling exept for a very few pieces marked H.G.Gering Arnstadt. Registered is a production run of approx. 8600 pieces starting from # 1 to # 8600.
Your pistol shows all the typical features of this production including the rare labeling, but the serial number is from the standard Leonhardt production area running from # 20220 to approx. # 38000.
The only explanation for this miracle is, that perhaps this particular pistol was left over from the first production run and numbered to the second run.

Now the question arises if this first production is secured in time?

Two factors help here, because on the one hand there is # 4314 with an additional
Austrian civil proof from 1917, on the other hand are all
imperial "ADREMAs" accepted from the officer with the acceptance stamp "D".
This is the same inspection officer who accepted
all Behollas above # 11 000, as well as many Mentas above # 10 000 in the year 1917.
The same officer has accepted also a few Langenhan , Dreyse
and Walther pistols, with the acceptance of the Walther 6 especially.
According to this, this production is likely to have taken place mainly in 1917.
So Gering got into the business much earlier than previously assumed.

My congrats to this outstanding find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts