Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a few Sauers in a multi-gun deal and the 1930 model serial number 213944 has the police sunburst K marking. Does this add much to the value of the pistol? The seller didn't mention to me it was police marked so I'm not sure he knew what the marking represented.

Mark

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Hi Mark,

In my opinion, yes it would add value. I have looked at a number of 1930 Sauers. I have seen very few that had the Sunburst police marking. The Behorden was primarily a police issue pistol.

Ron

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi Mark,

In my opinion, yes it would add value. I have looked at a number of 1930 Sauers. I have seen very few that had the Sunburst police marking. The Behorden was primarily a police issue pistol.

Ron
Ron,

only the Behördenmodell was used by the police. There are no 1930s having police markings. Aat least, I am not aware of a single one.

As far as the number of police accepted Behördenmodelle is concerned: app. 10,000 (in the 206,xxx to 216,xxx range) were police accepted, the majority of them with sunburst/K.

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ron ... it is in a really nice AKAH holster. What % of value do you think the marking would bring?

I try to keep a record of what each firearm I own is worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts